As Cold as the Stars

[Req.: "hiii:)) I wonder if you could write where the girl and chishiya decided to hang out on chishiya's dorm/condo and they will have a late-night talk about life lately on the rooftop with the sparkling city lights. the girl and chishiya will switch thoughts and advice to each other. thank youu!! I really like your stories, please do know that we appreciated it!"]

-

It has been a rather spontaneous idea to spend the evening together with Chishiya. Neither of you is eager to attend one of the dorm parties, which take place almost every night, and you don't want to sit in your room alone either. So once in a while, you will meet and do what friends do - talk about the world, play silly games, watch even sillier movies.

Even though he is a couple of years older than you and it's your first year at university while he will soon finish his medical degree, it feels as if you've known each other for a lifetime. You don't even know that much about him - he likes to keep many things a secret, like his birthday, details about his family, stuff like that. But when you talk, it feels so normal and natural, despite Chishiya being... well, different.

He doesn't care about other people, and others don't care about him. You know he is way more intelligent than most other students at the campus, and yet he rarely shares his knowledge to help others. He doesn't really brag about it, either. Sometimes, it feels as if he'd rather study psychology than medicine, since Chishiya can be really good at manipulating and analyzing people. You, for example, that one time he made you buy snacks because he was simply too lazy to leave the room.

You can't tell if it's part of his manipulation that you bought some stuff today as well, and the thought makes you grin. A humming noise tells you to enter only a heartbeat after you've knocked against the door, and you step into the tiny room. There's just enough space for a single bed, a desk and a book shelf filled with anatomy and surgery stuff, and because it's Chishiya, no family photos or posters decorate the wall. He has no collection figures of any kind, no love letters, just a desk filled with books and stuff that he uses to tinker with. You don't even try to understand what it is or what he plans to do with that.

„I've got some snacks", you grin instead of a simple hello as you sit down on the bed and begin to empty the contents of the bag.

Chishiya watches you with hidden curiosity, examining the sweets and drinks with a raised brow. "Hopefully no strawberry popcorn this time."

The sound you make is close to a retch, and you shake your head with a snort. That stuff has been terrible, despite the fantastic sound. Strawberry popcorn! Could have been the most genius idea on earth, and yet they managed to make it the most disgusting sweet you've ever tasted. No, this time you've chosen choco crossies, gummy bears and salted crackers. Nothing new, but at least you can be sure that both of you eat all of it.

As soon as you're done arranging the snacks neatly on top of the blanket, Chishiya moves from the chair to the other end of the bed and sits down with crossed legs, not wasting any time with opening the crossies. In the meantime, you shuffle and deal out the cards he has shoved towards you. Teaching you the rules of this game has been one of the first things Chishiya did in the beginning of your friendship, and almost every day you spend together begins with a couple of rounds.

Not that you'd ever have a chance of winning against this man, but you're getting better with each time. And you're optimistic that you'll beat him at least once until he leaves university.

"Exams are starting soon. For you too, I guess?" you shove a cracker into your mouth and swallow it down with iced tea. Your choice of food isn't usually the healthiest one, since Chishiya isn't exactly the guy to snack vegetables and fruits in the evening. He seems to have a secretive addiction to sugar, despite his slender figure. Honestly, this guy could eat three pizzas every evening and wouldn't gain weight in any way.