1.Cool Zone

My head was hurting and the screams that once rang in my ear stopped. Not a sound, not an echo, just the bone burning silence around me. I felt weak as I opened my eyes, and the unimaginable heat swept over my body. I pushed back my hair, and dusted off my already dirty clothes. I looked at the carnage around me, houses on fire, the glass around me, but more empties is what I saw more. I looked around as I stepped over the glass and clothes around.
"Mom!" I screamed to the top of my lungs.
"Mom!" I screamed again.
Nothing but the sound of fire and flames crackling are me. I'm in pain, and the heat was getting to me. I looked up at the large whole in the cooling dome. I rushed to one of the few houses not on fire and pushed the door closed.
It still had a air conditioner, and the house wasn't broken down at all. I forced every door closed in the house and turned on the air conditioner, letting the air wash over me like a cold shower. I took off my pants and shirt, leaving only my boxers.
"I have to get out of here." I spoke to myself.
I've never been outside the cooling dome, I don't know what's outside the room besides what my mom would tell me.
I walked around looking for anything I could find in the house, water mostly. I stopped when I found a water bottle filled to the top with about 13 more of them. I started drinking the water until something fell out of my pocket.
I stopped drinking and looked down, it was her locket. The sliver and gold heart shaped locket that Zara always had. I grabbed it off the floor and it made me relive the last three hours of my life. How the people of Koalemos came here, looking for a sun sacrifice. Killing anyone that stood to help Zara from there crazy false god beliefs. My mother's sweet face as they killed her and dough everyone that stood against them.
The more I though of what happened the more angry I got at these people. I stood looking for anything that could help me. I grabbed a bag, and stuffed the water into it, then a few pain killers I found. I would have to leave at night, when it's colder. I pushed the door open letting the once cold air turn hot, hotter than it was before. The sand around me was burning hot, making fire start all over.
I looked around the small village that was once my home but now just a burning waste land. I had to make it to Theo house. He was one of the few scavengers in the village, his house was close to mine so I could stop at my own house. I ran as fast as I could feeling the heat hitting my skin felt like needles.
I stop at Theo's house and pushed the door open, hoping to feel cold air but nothing. I closed the door and looked around not seeing him in the small shack.
"Theory?!" I yelled out hoping he was here.
He never came out unless it was to leave the dome, and he was never easy to find. If I managed to live, surely he did, I hope.
"Theory you old man tell me you're still alive." I said wanting anything.
"Stop your yelling boy!" The deep gruff sound of his voice was music to my ears.
He was a short fat man, with dark skin and brown eyes. He was also always eating something or saying crazy stuff. He was an outcast to the village even though he helped out a lot. He was always leaving and finding food, new water sources and could fix almost anything.
"Theory!" I said rushing to hug him.
"I'm shocked you're not dead too!" He said pushing me off of him.
"They took Zara!" I said as he sat down and started smoking.
"What of it?" He said back making me mad.
"What do you mean 'What of it?' We have to save her!" I replied and he laughed.
"Save her from the people of Koalemos? Impossible. They came looking for a sun sacrifice, and nothing is going to stop them." He said and I sat in front of him.
"Theory how are you just ok with this? They killed out people, broke the dome, set fire to everything and took Zara. We don't have a home anymore, and doing his place will catch fire. Come and help me save her." I said almost begging him.
"No, I'm not leaving this dome. I have the old building plan for it. With the right tools I can fix the whole." He stood grabbing crackers and eating them.
"So you don't care that everyone is dead! My mother is dead! My girlfriend is about to be killed for the sun! And you're not going to help?" I yelled at him this time.
He didn't talk this time just ket eating crackers. I pushed the door open, and then heard his labored breathing behind me.
"You go chasing waterfalls and you'll find some sharp rocks." He said behind me.
"I'm not going to let them just sacrifice her Theory." I yelled back.
He stopped talking looking at me sweating more and more as the sun felt like an oven now.
"Aw damn it, come back in." He said upset and I smiled running back inside.
He stopped me at the door pointing a finger at me.
"I'm not going on this suicidal mission with you, got it?" He rebuked at me and I nodded.
He looked me up and down, then turned to walk in but stopped and looked me up and down again.
"Stupid kid," he grumbled out as we closed the door.