runaway » sam fraser

( a / n — heavily inspired by the song "runaway" by aurora. i literally love this song so much that i had to make a sam imagine because i love both.

"fine! and don't expect me to come back," sam shouted as she slammed her front door

"fine! and don't expect me to come back," sam shouted as she slammed her front door. she began to walk to the small park down the street from her house, where she intended on sleeping for the night.

fighting with her mom was basically her typical life. over anything, even the stupidest things like chores, clothes, laundry and other ridiculous things.

sam liked to blame it on her mom, but she had to admit, it was partially her fault.

she approached the entrance of the park, smiling at the sight of a bench. the warm and crisp night air flew her hair around, making her slightly chilly.

it was around 4 am, making the silence really uncomfortable. but sam ignored her insecurities and took a seat on the (almost) freezing bench.

she wrapped herself in her plush, cozy blanket and drifted off to a deep sleep.

➶✯➴❀➶✭

"who is she?" sam heard a muffled voice say to a blurry figure.

"dunno. she was just chillin' on the bench..i guess she fell asleep or something." a man replied. she sat up and finally figured out who the people were:

y/n l/n and her brother, jake l/n.

"hey, you good dude?" jake asked the confused blonde. why were they here, and why did they care why she was there?

"y-yeah, i'm fine. w-what's going o-on?" the girl shivered from the cold and y/n noticed so she draped her long, thick coat on top of the thin blanket placed on sam's shoulders.

"there you go. c'mon, let's go get some food, you seem hungry."

sam and y/n ended up going to a diner, as jake stayed at the park with his friends. y/n offered to walk her new friend home, but she had to tell her why she was out all day.

"wow, thats...brutal." y/n commented as sam finished her story.

"yeah, i know. but i don't care, its fun living without parents. like, if i hadn't slept on that bench last night, i wouldn't have been all around town with you! who knew there was a free ice cream truck sale every saturday!?" y/n giggled and her cheeks turned a rosy pink.

"everyone. literally everyone." they both laughed and approached y/n's house. sam looked at the house and felt warmer suddenly. the h/c girl opened the door as the other girl hesitantly looked at the knob.

"oh, come in! i won't bite." at this, sam stepped inside the smug house and dropped everything just to flop down on the couch.

"mm, warm." sam mumbled as she wrapped herself in the soft blankets.

"so, lemme get this straight!" y/n sat on the couch next to sam, and sighed.

"you're a runaway — and i'm your accomplice? that's fucking awesome."

"i never said runaway, but...yeah, i guess i am? whatever, just bury me in these blankets!"