0.3

"are you alright?" cinnia's best friend, bella asked her.

the two sat together at lunch, catching each other up on their lives while being apart.
cinnia has been trying her best to be present, but her phone call with jack a few days ago is still heavily lingering in her mind.

cinnia nodded her head, "yeah i'm fine."
"who are you lying to? what's the problem?" asked bella.

cinnia sighed, "goodness, bella. take a guess."
"is it jack?" she asked.
"mhm... it's jack," cinnia replied.

"cins, you're going to need to let him go at some point," bella sympathised with her best friend.
"i know, bella, but i love him so much. even after all of the hurt that he's put me through," cinnia said.

"i completely understand you and how it's far easier said than done but you can't allow him to keep playing you like a toy," bella said.

"he doesn't play me like a toy, bels,"
"then you're certainly one of those new toys that get played with for a few days before being chucked to the side and forgotten about," bella said.

"he played with me for two years," cinnia said, making both her and bella crack out in laughter.
"played is the key word, babes, it's all in the past,"

"he's just one of those who you get hooked onto forever, bella... i can't really explain it," cinnia said.

"fair enough - but he still treated you horribly in the end, cinnia. you can't forget those types of things. do i really need to remind you about all of the things he would do?" asked bella.
"no,"

"clearly you need a reminder, babe. never forget that time that he was so obviously unfaithful to you at that party yet you allowed him to lie his way out of it. he would choose his friends over you so often and you would let him do it - even on your one year anniversary, cinnia... that's just unacceptable on his part-"

"but he would always make up for it, bella," cinnia defended her ex-boyfriend.
"a night of good sex and then he's done being a good boyfriend for the year? you're worth so much more than that, cins, and you know you are," bella said.

"he made me feel so differently to anybody else i've ever been with before - you wouldn't understand," cinnia sighed.

"of course i understand, cinnia. i witnessed it for two years with my own eyes, babes-"

"he just made me feel like i was the only girl in the world. the only girl that mattered to him," cinnia said, interrupting what bella was saying.

bella let out a sigh, "i'm not saying it has to happen over night but... at some point - soon - you need to call it a day, babes. for yourself."

it's quite prevalent that cinnia simply refuses to hear bella out. she knows what her best friend is saying is true, but she will never ever be able to admit it.