That Night

I got home and explained to my mom what happened. She understood and let me go up to my room without bothering me any further, thank goodness. I run up the stairs, almost collapsing in the heels I have on, and open the door to my room. Finally, I'm alone, I think. I lay back onto my bed and lay there for a moment. I just broke up with somebody. I mean, I don't like him, but I don't feel, well, right. I know I did something for the better, so I don't feel bad about being Jason's girlfriend. But I just feel like I committed a horrible crime. The look on his face was so devastated, and I was the one who caused him to feel bad. I mean, he tried to kiss me for a moment! We're only in sixth grade and he already felt that way! Jackson is not my type, I don't like him. But I hurt him.

I get off of my bed and change into my pajamas; a white cami and sweat pants. So comfy and cozy. I go to my bathroom and brush my teeth and my hair, and then put my hair into a messy bun. I go back to my bed and sit down on it. I look into my mirror and think, I need to text Jason. I scoot over to my bedside table and pick up my iPhone. I unlock it and press the messages icon. I press new message. I look at my hand. 253-748-0928. I type in the number and text, hey this is Tara what's up. I press send. I put down my iPhone and sit there for a moment. A few seconds later, my phone buzzes. Jason texted me back. I unlock my iPhone and go to his message. Nothing much. You? It reads. I'm just getting ready for bed, I text back. I leave messages and add him as a contact. Jason Lupus, I type. I sigh and lay back, only for my phone to buzz again. Cool, it says. As I'm typing in a reply, another message pops up. I'm doing my homework, I need help, it reads. With what, I reply. My phone buzzes again. Nothing, just I heard I'm somebody in your class that was asking for homework help at recess from you, it says. I blush hard. How do you know about that? I text. I have ways to know things, he replies. Oh, I text. Well, I know some people, including Olivia, he texts. What, how? I reply. She's my cousin, he texts. Oh, cool, I reply. I have to go to bed, I add. Well, good night, he texts back.

I set down my phone and lay down on my bed. Jason is so nice. He's always thoughtful and considerate and so polite. He's so perfect for me. I sigh and go under my blankets. I look at my clock. 10:00. I relax and close my eyes. Today has been good. I met Jason, and became his girlfriend. But I also went to the dance with Jackson and broke up with him, which feels so bad inside. I feel like I did something wrong. But I didnt. I fall asleep and delve into a dream.

Disclaimer: DO NOT CALL THE NUMBER 253-748-0928 YOU WILL GET TO SOME RANDOM STRANGER IT IS JUST A NUMBER I MADE UP KAY? So pls don't use that number. Thanks.