Halloween Hustle

[Author's Notes]

Well, it's about time I took a step into something new... Greetings to those from the Zootopia fandom!

I've been a fan of Zootopia ever since it was released back in 2016, it was one of the first real movies I watched other than the Disney classics that came quite a long time ago. It was one of those movies that caught my eye because it mentioned quite a lot of real issues inside of society whilst downplaying it in one of the most elaborate and playful ways possible... Definitely one of Disney's greater creations as of the past half-decade.

Seeing that Halloween is soon nearing and I recently rewatched the movie twice whilst confronting the plague that is boredom, I've decided to create something special for Halloween to embody my love for Zootopia!

I don't typically ask for reviews/comments or feedback but I am stepping into new territory here and for those of you inside of this wonderful fandom, your wisdom would be infinitely appreciated.

Oh, yeah, I'm also renowned for my long pre-story rambles so I'll just conclude this now and allow you to read what I've made! I hope you all enjoy my first ever Zootopia-themed one-shot and I shall see you on the other side!

Halloween Hustle

A crisp sunset eclipsed the City Centre in which the Zootopia Police Department was housed inside. After a sudden alteration of the pace seen inside of this great utopia filled with predator and prey alike, Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps were reduced to the worst duty imaginable... The night shift.

Fortunately, she was not alone, for the rest of her comrades would be suffering alongside her. It was clear Chief Bogo wasn't pleased with the new schedule the interim government of Zootopia had set for him as he had yet to arrive inside of the precinct. Ever since the chaos unfolded between Mayor Lionheart and Bellwether, the population voted that there would probably be more structure within a small government instead of having one animal at the helm of the entire city.

This day would be an exciting yet agonising day. It was the day of the Halloween Festival, in which animals would come together to celebrate the spirit of Halloween. For the common animal, this was a time of mass enjoyment. They would have their fun by playing tricks on their friends, neighbours and co-workers whilst also receiving treats if those aforementioned animals weren't occupied or out of sweets to give.

Yet, for the Z.P.D, Halloween was the opposite of something they wanted to deal with on this day. There had already been several riots that had been incited by prey that called for the extermination of predators across the city and through the districts. Everybody was holding their breath for they were expecting another wave of riots, coupled with Halloween, this was set out to become quite the mighty task to tackle.

Thankfully, Nick and Judy's overwhelmingly positive attitudes shined through. Sure, they had to endure the schedule of the night just as much as everyone else had done... But they didn't understand what all of the fuss was about. The light pollution inside of Zootopia was barely visible, which allowed everyone to gaze up at the melodically twinkling stars above. The aura of artificial light and truly basking within the nightlife of Zootopia was alluring for the frivolous fox and brave bunny and it seemed as if that thrill wouldn't relent anytime soon.

The creaks emitted by the chairs behind them bearing the restless animals pierced through both of their ears, with those sounds being an intermittent phenomenon instead of them being persistent as the tension clogged up the air as if an overpowering blaze was consuming the entire building. The card games alongside the chuckling and the joke-telling had ceased a long time ago as the clock struck 6 o'clock and for the first time, Chief Bogo was late... Or so they thought.