One

Unedited because the author is lazy

"Koko it's time to go!" Inui Seishu urged Koko, who is still packing the things they need to bring for a visitation.

Today marked the 5th year of Inui Akane's death anniversary, the two have been visiting her grave for 5years to give tributes to her.

Akane is Seishu's older sister, their parents died in a car accident very suddenly, at that time his sister was still in her high school years, but she already got the responsibility to take care of Seishu.

But unfortunately, their house got caught up on fire and Akane suffered from severe burns and she needs to get hospitalized, but Seishu was still in middle school and no matter how hard he worked to earn some money to pay off the hospital bills, it's still not enough to cover all the expenses.

And after 2 years of being hospitalized, Akane finally can't fight anymore and decides to rest forever. Leaving Seishu behind.

But throughout his depressed days and gloomy mood, Kokonoi was beside him accompanying him through the hard times.

When the fire happened, Seishu was also inside the house, but Koko managed to save him, but before he had the time to go back inside and save Akane, the fire intensified making it hard to walk past the burned woods blocking the entrance.

The two of them has been together ever since they were a kid. They witness a lot of things together. They naturally know a lot of things about each other too.

So of course, Seishu knows about Koko's feelings for his sister. The other also didn't even bother to suppress his emotions for Akane as he openly tried to express his love for his sister.

Akane was also very keen on rejecting him every time Koko confessed to her, but Koko believed that if he persist, his efforts will be rewarded. And so he didn't give up but instead courted Akane very patiently.

So Seishu was very well aware of Koko's one-sided love for Akane.

But the thing is, despite Seishu being aware of Koko's feelings for his sister, he can't help but fall in love with Koko too.

It is a very fucked up relationship, but what can he do? Koko was his best friend despite his abnormal feelings for the other. Seishu ignored the fact that he was having romantic feelings for a man.

He believed that love doesn't have anything to do with gender. But unlike Koko who refused to give up and continued to pursue his love, Seishu decided to abandon and forget about his feelings for Koko.

Because he knows how much Koko loves Akane. The moment he realized that his feelings for Koko were beyond friendship, he already made up his mind to give up because he knows that it will be useless.

So he settled as being Koko's best friend.

But that changed one day when Koko suddenly kissed him in the library, making him hope that Koko also had an ounce of romantic feelings for him. Especially when they've been together for years.

Seishu managed to gather his long-lost courage and finally confess to Koko.

"I want you to know that, even though you only had Akane in your eyes, I, too, only had you in my view. I don't when it happens, but out of nowhere, I started to see you differently. I don't want to be your best friend anymore. I wanted even more than that." Seishu paused as he tried to calm his chaotic mind and heartbeat.

He didn't dare to look at Koko's expression so he didn't know what kind of face Koko was making right now.

The hands that were being buried in his pants pocket were getting sweaty from nervousness. It is very cold, but somehow his back was started to get drenched from sweat.