[Oneshot][ver. EN]

[y/n] – your name

[e/c] – eye color

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You always wanted love... romantic love, because you were an incorrigible dreamer. In your ideal world there was reciprocity, sharing joy and warmth with the other person, a feeling of security, and giving your whole self to him and only him. However, you didn't think that all these hopes would be shattered like a soap bubble in the very near future.

And the words you were supposed to scream later, only brought one person to mind - him.

***

You were a rather average sixteen-year-old girl who was still discovering the world and looking for what you would like to do in your future. You spent your free time wandering around the city streets, not always the safe ones - you didn't always do what your parents would allow you to do. That's how you met him.

He was less than a year older than you, and he was already called the king of the street where he had many allies and friends. He could also masterfully use a revolver, which he always carried with him. From the very beginning, you had the feeling that it was defending more than his body and friends. You were right then - it also protected his heart.

You didn't know when and why something really started to change in you - whether from the conversations you two had in your company or from spending time together, walking around the city and visiting places, you had no idea about before. You trusted him immensely, so you weren't afraid of these journeys into the unknown. Because you were with him, you felt an unjustified feeling of security.

You wondered if he trusted you as much, as you him. What exactly does he think about you? Does he like you? Or is he doing it just to pass the time?

Your heart skipped a beat.

Those beautiful jade eyes that shone brighter in any serious discussion couldn't get out of your mind; what's even worse - they became more and more distinct in it.

Despite the doubts growing in your head, from the first meeting, you had the impression that you have known each other forever. From day to day this invisible bond was entwining your body and soul, your heart. More and more harder and harder. Only the mind was trying hard to contradict what seemed obvious back then. The thing that was about to be destroyed in a brutal and inhuman way.

Your heart belonged to him then.

***

Ash trusted you immeasurably, no one had such a doubt. The sweet, tiny girl wasn't weak at all - you had a big heart that wanted to protect your friends at all costs; you also had your interests, about which you liked to discuss with him and your mutual friends often. Everyone in Ash's and Shorter's group loved you for your cheerfulness, the smiles you gave them, and the honesty you never skimped on in life situations. You were like a tiny light that lit up the dark tunnels of the underworld.

That's what captivated him in you. He wanted to protect you, even at the cost of his life. You seemed so petite and fragile that it was as if you were about to disappear from before his eyes - like a small flower that is easy to trample on. A flower that dies quickly from lack of water and sun.

He didn't want to lose you. Not like this.

He knew he couldn't take it. You were someone special to him - his light, his hope, his refuge of peace and a friend with whom he talked about life's problems. You were even more than that.