Chapter 1

“You can’t fit everything you know in a bottle for you to show”

“ Breaking news- Once again a hybrid has gone crazy downtown at Prime Path Mall. Two were injured before the police could arrive. They are currently in the hospital being treated for their wounds. Minimal damage was done to the shop and the hybrid responsible has been stopped and brought into police custody. Back to you John.”

“Thank you Morgan. Man these hybrid attacks just seem to be getting more and more common as the months continue. Hybrids are going to have to get into control of their instincts or Mayor Schlatt is going to have no choice but to create some new laws restricting some of them.”

“Mayor Schlatt, One Hybrid that has never seemed to have an issue with his instincts. It just goes to show if hybrids really wanted to they could just cut off-”

“That's it I can’t listen to them anymore,” Tommy muttered, shutting off the TV that seemed to be on its last leg. “All they do is blame the hybrids but do ever stop to think what maybe could have set them off? No! it's always the hybrids fault,” He ranted, his feathers puffing up as they often did when he got excited.

“I know, but maybe let's put the wings away before the only window we have is broken and it is the hybrids fault,” Tubbo suggested, earning a small glare back. He had already been smacked once that day and he really didn't want it to happen again to him or the window they couldn't afford to have replaced. For as fluffy and pretty Tommy’s wings were they were quite hard and painful if you were hit by one.

Tommy just sighed listening as he pulled his wings against his back again “It's just annoying Tubzo. A third of the population are hybrids and that number is growing daily but the humans can't seem to wrap their heads around that fact and keep blaming us for everything and anything that happens.” he continued ranting, flopping onto the couch near Tubbo when he was done. He shifted as he felt the pokey part of a spring press against his thigh “The whole Mayor Schlatt stuff is dumb as well half the time hes not even sober enough for any of his ‘hybrid instincts’ to take over as they have so eloquently decided to put it.”

“Big man I know you don’t have to preach it to me,” Tubbo chuckled, leaning against the avian hybrid next to him. He knew plenty about the injustices to hybrids done constantly. Mainly because he was a hybrid as well but if normal, regular, human people just looked they would see it just as easily too. But why would you try to see someone elses side if your side was shoved into others brains constantly? 

“Oi clingy bitch get off,” Tommy exclaimed, shoving Tubbo off him with a huff. He knew Tubbo understood he just needed to rant, nothing about the hybrid vs. human situation seemed right to him and it was all annoying. Even if some of their top heroes were hybrids. They were only looked up to and praised because they were slightly useful to them. Humans just couldn't take change that much has been made plainly clear in the past few days.