Brick 0.03

"Doc!" I yelled while Alec collapsed against me. Dark red blood was staining his shirt, and he'd looked so pale before he fell into my arms. "Doc!" I yelled when he wasn't there. Bender squatted down next to me.

"Bubbles!" He shouted. "Wake up, man." I couldn't do anything other than hold him against me.

"Shit, get him into the clinic," Doc commanded when he finally emerged from the clubhouse. Seal and Tank lifted Bubbles out of my arms and carried his limp body into the clubhouse.

"You gotta get up," Hawk said. I looked up at him, dazed.

What the hell had just happened?

Prez was on the phone, presumably calling off the sheriff.

"Alec," I whispered, finally recovering and running into the clubhouse. It was complete and total fucking chaos. Rachel was shouting instructions at the old ladies and the soul suckers, helping Cinnamon, who looked like she had hurt herself hitting the ground; her forehead was bleeding.

"Carrie!" The queen of the pride shouted for her friend.

"No," Prez shouted at her. "Bubbles is hit. She needs to be with Doc. Find someone else to help if the injuries aren't serious." Rachel nodded at her man, listening to his orders for once. I pushed through the disarray and towards the back where the clinic was.

Tables were flipped everywhere; booze was spilled all over the ugly, worn wood floor; glass was shattered. Bullet holes lined the walls and were in the booths and chair. The corner with the pool table had taken the worst of it- balls all over the floor, cues broken and scattered.

Who the hell did this?

When I finally made it to the clinic, Doc was standing over Alec with Carrie across from him. He was barking orders at her and Seal who was assisting. Alec's shirt was cut open, blood dripping on the floor. Carrie was putting an IV in his arm. She finished quickly and hung a bag of blood, replacing all that he'd lost.

"Alec," I nearly cried, rushing to the table where they were working on him.

"Brick, you need to go," Doc said. His gloved hands were shoving gauze after gauze into the hole in Brick's stomach.

"Like hell."

"Tank!" Doc shouted. Tank came into the room, Bender following behind him. "Get Brick out of here."

"No!" I shouted. "I'm fucking staying."

"I cannot fucking work on him with you here. When Hawk was on this table, Charlie wasn't allowed in here. When Rachel was on this table, Prez wasn't even allowed in here. And when I patch that flesh wound up on Bender, Carrie won't be allowed in the room even though she's a nurse and trained to be calm in these situations. You want me to save your old man? Get the hell out."

Tank and Bender had to grab me, each under my arm and physically pull me from the room. I wasn't going easily. I wouldn't leave Alec. He may have abandoned me more times than I could count, more times than I wanted to count, but I wouldn't do that to him, ever.

"Let me go," I said, completely pissed off.

"Sit down," Bender barked at me. "I know how hard this is. If it was Carrie on that table, you would have had to pull me out of the room too, but they can't save him with you hovering over."

"I just got him back."

Tank and Bender caged me in the booth, making sure I couldn't escape.

Brenda came up to the table, sliding us three glasses and a bottle of whiskey. Before she could walk away, Tank had her in his arms and was pulling her down next to him. Her pregnant belly barely fit in the booth. "Are you okay?" He asked.