Prologue

Before I start with the story, I wanted to tell you guys some things........

1) Ash will have a legendary and a mythical from each region....

2)This story will start after Ash participated in the Alola League, and in my version, he ended in tie with Gladion instead of defeating him.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ash Ketchum, 10 year old lad from the peaceful town of Pallet in the Kanto region, didn't start his journey with any of the starters which Proffessor Oak offered to young and aspiring trainers (Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle), and instead started with a disobedient Pikachu. Ash either hoped to get Charmander like his faraway cousin or Bulbasaur like his sister Leaf, both of whom he greatly looked up to, but he was prepared to become a Pokemon Master even if he got a Magikarp, so getting a Pikachu wasn't a big deal for him. He eventually gained Pikachu's trust and they both became best friends and he also managed to catch the starters when he was travelling through Kanto with the Gym Leaders of Pewter and Cerulean City, Brock and Misty. He also caught a Pidgey which evolved into a Pidgeot. He also caught a Butterfree as a Caterpie, which he had to release due to mating season of the Butterfly Pokemon, the goodbye they had was an emotional one. He got the Badges from the Gyms in the after intense training required for each Gym. However, Gary Oak, the Proffessor's grandson and also Ash's rival always managed to beat the Gym before Ash could, and would use this to his advantage to tease him. The last Pokemon he ever caught in the Kanto region was his powerhouse Dragonite. When he went to the Viridian City Gym, he saw a note at the league, Ash gave a solid performance, but lost to his another rival, Ritchie, in the Quarterfinals. Ash returned to Pallet Town to celebrate Ash's birthday and him reaching the Quarterfinals as the Indigo League was the oldest competition and was very hard to beat, albeit not the hardest.

Ash's Kanto Team
1)Pikachu
2)Pidgeot
3)Charizard
4)Blastoise
5)Venusaur
6)Dragonite
-----------------------------------------------------------
Author's note : I decided to remove the majority of his Kanto Pokemon because, because many of them didn't have any returns later in the anime or were forgotten. Ex.: Pidgeot, Primeape, Tauros (he only used one against Gary in the Johto League and the rest just trampled him in happiness when he came to meet them) The rest of the story will be same except some parts.
-----------------------------------------------------------
After seeing Ash's performance in the Indigo League, Proffessor Oak sent Ash to the Johto Region to return the G.S Ball, which Oak had borrowed for opening and doing research on it from his friend Kurt who lives there, to return it. Ash goes on a journey in the Johto region to deliver the G.S ball to Kurt and also start collecting gym badges so that he could participate  in the Silver Conference. After delivering the G.S Ball, Kurt also gave Ash a handmade Masterball as a thank you for his efforts.

Ash's Johto Team
1) Pikachu
2) Meganium
3) Typhlosion
4) Feraligatr
5) Noctowl
6) Gengar
-----------------------------------------------------------
The rest goes same according to the anime. The events that actually affect the story are given. Ash also catches a Lucario in Sinnoh. The Pokemon team are same too. In Unnova Ash has evolved all of his starters. And the rest of the teams are same uptil Alola.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Until next time!