Chapter 16: The Shirt

Clary's POV

After breakfast I help Izzy clean up. "Guys would you do me a favor and not tell my parents that Jace cheated on me and that I left for a month. I would rather them not be mad and not approve of me marrying him" I say.

"Of course Clary" they all say.

"When do your parents return?" Jace asks.

"In a month" I say. "Do you know when Maryse comes back too?" I say.

"Today actually" Alec says.

"I don't feel like telling her that I am pregnant at the moment, can you guys not tell her but we can tell her that we are engaged" I say.

"Ya sure, no problem" Izzy says.

After we are done talking I head up to my room and get changed. I put on high-waisted shorts and purple top. I look at myself in the mirror and realize that I won't be able to wear these types of clothes for a while. I get lost in thought. I keep thinking about this baby-will it be a girl or a boy?, what will she/he look like?, will we be good parents?, what will my parents think? That question scares me because I am only 19. I was so spaced out that I didn't even hear Jace come in. "Jeez! You scared me!" I say.

"Sorry..what were you thinking about?" He asks me.

"Just things about this baby and how I will be fat." I say.

"No matter how fat you get, you will always be beautiful to me" he says.

I start to blush. I walk towards him and kiss him.

"What was that for?" He asks me.

"I can't give my fiancé a kiss to say thank you?" I say.

"Of course you can" he says and then kisses me. "I like what you are wearing"

"Thank you. I decided to wear this since I won't be able to soon. Thankfully I don't have a noticeable bump yet. I have been wearing baggy stuff for the past month because I was afraid I might show something but I guess then since I told you, I feel more comfortable wearing this."

"I hardly notice your bump. I probably wouldn't be able to tell if I didn't know already." He says.

"Would you like to go make cookies?" Jace asks me.

"I would love too!" I say.