Prologue

[3rd person]

A bright light streaked through the sky, illuminating the disappearing night. The comet of light grew ever closer to the city, leaving it quite surprising that no one seemed to notice this strange anomaly. 

The blue comet flew over the skyscrapers in the city, and dipped lower into a more house-filled region.

Finally, with a great "CRASH!" the comet fell from the sky, down into a dark, trash riddled alley.

A man panted heavily for breath, the light nowhere to be seen.

The man's long black hair was in disarray, falling out of its once effortless ponytail. His once clean clothes were now shredded and bloodsoaked. He was shaking from exertion as he gripped the wall for support, falling onto his knees in exhaustion.

"Ugh...darn...will you look at the state I'm in. Of course, they had to gang up on me to do this..." the man said to no one in particular, feeling the need to speak out loud so as to gather his thoughts.

The man slowly lifted his head and looked at his surroundings, still gasping for breath.

"I'll hide and use that time to recover." He thought, "Of course, if I have to keep running I won't recover...and eventually I'll get caught."

The man grit his teeth in anxiety, uncertain of what to do. "I Need to find a way to erase my tracks and hide completely."

Towards the end of the alley, hiding in a box, was a sleeping yellow cat. As if it sensed the coming dawn, though still a few hours off, it yawned sleepily before returning to dozing.

"...a cat?" the man though, absently flicking his long black hair out of his grey eyes, as his breath began to even out. "yes. That's it..."

He stood up shakily, and still grasping the wall for support, slowly made his way to the unassuming cat.

He soon had to release the wall to get to the cat. The man stumbled a couple times, tripping over his own feet in exhaustion, but managed to travel the few feet from the wall to the cat lying amongst a pile of cardboard boxes.

As the man towered over the cat, it finally opened its green eyes, still unaware of what was about to happen.

He laid his hand on the cat's head, and the blue flash of light from the sky returned, flooding the alley and spilling out towards the surrounding houses.

Just as suddenly as it had appeared, the light was gone, and all was still.

I'm not going to lie, this is way shorter than I hoped...but I still want the dramatic ending so I guess this is it? 

Anyway, as you probably guessed, the picture above is "the man". I'm trying to keep it spoiler free so everyone can be surprised as we go. 

*Gets super excited* And I can't wait to show off N—  s-someone...🤐

We're moving on now, I refuse to give spoilers before we even get to the first chapter, punch me if I slip up.

Don't forget to vote! It tells me you like what I'm doing and helps others to find Butterfly Queen!

Love y'all, Jamie.