Chapter 1 Part 5

[3rd Person]

As darkness began to encroach on the city, the cat awoke to see, not stars like before, but a tan ceiling with glowing lanterns hanging down.

"Hm? Did I...pass out? Where am I?"

The cat looked around, seeing what appeared to be a normal bedroom. A blue bed was on the right, with multicolored drawers underneath. To the left, was a brown couch; a coat rack; and a floor length mirror. Straight ahead, was the door.

The cat looked down, seeing white and yellow paws instead of his usual hands. Cautiously, he stretched them. Clenching and unclenching the paws like he would his hands. When he moved, they moved. When he stopped, they stopped with him.

"This...aah...I'm a cat?!"

The cat thought back to his last memory from before he appeared here.

"Yes...sometime ago..."

He needed to hide...saw the cat...his theory about transformation...and then touching the cat.

"I must have been about to transform at the last minute."

The cat was so lost in thought that he never heard the approaching footsteps.

With a click, the wood panel door in front of him opened.

"Huh? You're awake!" a brown-haired boy said with surprise. "I'm relieved. I was so worried. You were covered in blood and unconscious when I found you." He looked happily upon the now awake cat.

The cat stared suspiciously at the very talkative boy.

"Oh, you don't have to be so on edge."

"Who's this doofus?" The cat wondered. He didn't look like an enemy, and didn't have the aura of an awakened one. So who was he?

"It's alright, Kitty." the boy reassured the cat, slowly walking into the room and closer to the cat.

"Hm...did that boy put me here when I was unconscious?"

"Oh, wait here." the boy said, still talking to the cat for no apparent reason.

The cat swiveled his new ears, and heard an odd "clickity clackity rattle rattle" noise.

The boy reappeared, "Sorry that took so long, I was getting you something to eat."

He put the bowls down, one filled with an odd smelling milk, and the other with a flat can sitting in the middle of the bowl.

"Why were you passed out in that alley?" He wondered out loud.

The cat, of course, said nothing.

He continued to ramble on, "You didn't look injured or anything. I figured you would have had wounds, since you were bleeding and all. Did the blood come from somewhere else? Or is there a wound somewhere else on your body?" The boy finished, worried for the strange cat.

"This one's talkative. He's been at it non-stop." The cat observed.

"Here," the boy pushed the milk bowl slightly closer to the cat. "You must be hungry. Eat, it'll help you heal faster. It's lactic acid free milk for cats!" he reached down into the other bowl and pulled a can of cat food. He pulled the tab, opening it and dumping the stinky and moist chicken bits into the bowl. (a/n I tried to look up gross cat food cause that would be his reaction, failed and I regret that so much...it all looks so gross.)

"Here, eat this too. Eat and be healthy." He said, smiling cheerily at the cat.

The cat however, was indignant at the thought of it. "How dare he...!" he thought, twisting his face in disgust, "He wants the great Kayden to eat cat food?"