67. Some Faces Are Just So Easy To Trust!

Really sorry for abandoning you all for so long, a lot of things have been going on lately

Really sorry for abandoning you all for so long, a lot of things have been going on lately. It's actually just an excuse because I know how I want this story to end but just can't figure out how I am going to take it.

So finally I have decided to take it one step at a time and see how it goes.. hopefully you'll like it and as usual highly unedited.

I would like to dedicate this week's chapter to our new reader PreciousEze842

***********

Cath's POV:

"He has her."

"Who?" Daniel frowned.

"Him. He has her." My heart raced as I walked to and fro. My trembling fingers shook against the phone. "What a-am I-I g-going t-to d-do? W-What a-am I g-going to d-do?!"

"Hey!" Daniel held onto my shoulder and gave me a firm shake. "Take a deep breath."

I stared at him. He gave me a stern look and repeated his words. I sighed before I did as he told me to. "Good. Now stay calm and stay focused. We don't know if he has her yet. It's not too late and for all we know your mother could just be delayed by something else. Her phone could have just ran out of battery. Do not just jump to the worst, okay?"

"But what if the worst really had happened? What could we do to save her?"

"We will find her." His voice held so much conviction that one might actually belief that he was the one who had her safe with him.

I showed the message to him, and he frowned. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Remember he told me to make the engagement public soon, or he would have ways to make me do it? This is his way. He has my mother and he won't let her go until I do as he says." I hit the palm of my hand against my head. "I didn't want her to know, and now she is caught up in the middle of it. There's no more hiding."

A tear slipped out of my eyes and Daniel swiped his finger over it. "If what you believe to  have happened has really happened, then we need to act fast. We need to think of a way to bring her back safely. There's no time to waste on wallowing."

"You're right." I sniffed and stood up straighter. "What should we do now?"

He stood in thought for a few minutes. "Do you think we should go to the police?"

"NO!"

He seemed taken aback by my abrupt shout. "Why? Back in London, you didn't want to go to the police since you didn't want Brian to know. That was fair, but what's stopping you now? Do you not trust them or something?"

"It's.." I sighed and rubbed my face. "It's not like that. We just can't go to them. Please."

He looked at me in confusion. "Your mother is missing. Let's say what you assumed about her being kidnapped be true. Would you still not want to go to the police? For all we know he could be a psychopath and we don't know what he could do to her. She is not safe."