Chapter 3

Ace's POV

As I was heading back home, my mind went back to last night. After dinner not much happened, I went back to the guest room while she went back to her room. I ended up passing out as soon as I dropped on the bed. After I woke up, I left my number on her counter, hoping she would call me.

As I was entering the house, I nearly froze in my steps when I saw my mom. There all in her glory stood Eleanor Salvatore, a 44 year old woman. But trust me everyone is scared of her in our household.

So now here I am, in front of my mother looking down, with my Gattina in my mind.

"Mi interessa illuminarmi, cazzo, dov'eri ieri sera, stronzo?" my mom not so nicey asked me. And just by her aggressive tone, I can tell that she is mad, very mad. (Care to fucking enlighten me where you were last night, fucker?)

"Sono stato accoltellato" I deadpanned. Her face went from angry to concerned, as she was trying to find the wound.

"Where is the wound, il mio bambino?" she asked softly. I lifted the shirt I was wearing (the shirt Athena left for him to wear but his ass ditched it last night) and showed her the wound that was near the left side of my torso. (slightly in the center left).

She looked at the bandaged wound and raised an eyebrow, silently asking who treated my wound. I knew there was no way of getting out of this so I told her.

"I was trying to get to the hotel to call Theo, but this woman ran into me. Then she took me to her penthouse and dressed my wounds" I ended with a sigh and a small smile. Which - of course - didn't go unnoticed by my Mom.

"You like her," she said, and I couldn't help but smile. Which gave her the answer she was looking for.

"Eeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm getting a sister-in-law" Maddie all but squealed. Just then Matt squealed much like his twin, "I am going to be an uncle".

Wait- what

"You idiot I haven't even taken her on a date yet" I said slowly like I am telling this to a toddler, I might as well be.

"And....?"

"You have been hanging out with Theo way too much" my father stated while exiting his office.

"Okay I'm out, I have a meeting with Grey Industries in the evening, '' I said and started making my way to my room.

My mom started to protest that I shouldn't go to the meeting because of my wound. But am I going to still attend the meeting ? Hell yea...Is my mom going to kill me later? Probably will. 

I made my way into my closet picking out a pair of black sweatpants to sleep in, and took a quick shower before sleeping again.

I finally fell asleep with my Gattina on my mind, and a smile on my face.

Elanor Salvatore POV

After Ace, my eldest child left, I went into the kitchen to cut some fruit up for Grey.

Greyson Salvatore, my husband, father to my children and the love of my life. Even after Ace took over the mafia, Grey still helps in every way he can. Right now he is keeping track of our airline business. In one week our son, Matthew will take over the airline business. I am looking after my fashion line until my daughter takes over at the same time as her twin takes over.

I finished cutting the fruit and gave it to Gray, and went over to Ace's room to check up on him.

When I went in, I heard him breathing, which indicated he had fallen asleep. As I was about to leave, I had a closer look on his face. There it was a small smile resting upon his face, his features soft and gentle. Just one look at his face and I can tell that he has fallen for that girl. And boy am I excited to meet the woman that made my emotionless and cold son gentle and soft.

With a smile of my own I went to mine and Grey's room.

Greyson Salvatore POV

When my wife came skipping into our bedroom, I was confused as well as amused by her actions.

"Babe guess what, guess what" she jumped up and down on our bed. She didn't even let me talk and continued talking. "Our son is in loveeeee" she squealed as she dropped butt first on our bed. I knew she was talking about Ace, because I could hear them all talking, since my office door was opened.

With the amount of softness and love he was speaking with, told me he was falling for her. I really hope everything goes well for them. With that thought in mind, I fell asleep besides my wife.

Ethan Mendez POV

I hate my family.

I hate how they act like everything is normal. I hate how they have completely forgotten I have a triplet. I hate how no one other than Matteo and me can't see the bratty-ness of Stacy Fucking Mendez.

16 years have passed since I have not seen my baby sister. I missed out on my triplets life. I don't even celebrate our birthday. Matteo and I always go to an underground fight club on my birthday.

Stacy on the other hand begs to have a birthday ball. In which the theme is always fucking pink. Even the guys have to wear a pink suit. I have never liked pink since I was little. I was always the black sheep of the family after they sent Athena off somewhere. Why? Because I look like Ath, like I'm the male version of her, just with one blue and one hazel eye, while she has one blue and one mix of blue and brown eyes. I don't remember much about our childhood as we were 5 when we got separated. But my photogenic memory didn't let me forget that dreadful day, she got sent away.

I think she is involved in the underground as last year she sent a card to our - mine and Matteo's - underground manager. The card had been written in french which only i know.

Dear teddy bear (Matteo) and my doppelganger (Ethan)

Je suis bien vivant. J'ai échappé à cet endroit, je m'habitue à tout. Vous me manquez tellement à tous les deux. Mais je ne suis pas encore prêt à affronter mon passé. Je sais que je peux sembler faible mais je ne suis pas encore prêt.

Je vous aime tous les deux. J'espère vous revoir tous les deux.

- Ta petite soeur

I am alive and well. I have escaped that place, I am getting used to everything. I miss you both so much. But I am not ready to face my past yet. I know I may seem weak but I am not ready yet.

I love you both. I will hopefully see both of you again.

- Your baby sister

That day was the first day in years both me and Matteo slept in peace. The first day we had hope. Hope of becoming complete again.

'I love you Athena' I whispered, soon being overtaken by the familiar darkness.

Little did he know, his wait was finally over....