chapter 5

First school day

Colette's pov:

"Colette, wake up we're going to be late." Kinsey said hovering over me as i was still unconsciously trying to wake up.

"Okay okay." I replied.

She smiled and left my room so i had privacy to get ready for the day. I quickly threw on my outfit and did my makeup and hair. i then went to the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs.

I heard a message come through on my phone so i checked it to see what it said.

Mom: You were asleep last night when we left but we just wanted to wish you luck on your first day. We both miss you so much already.

I lightly smiled before turning my phone off, I was already making Kinsey and Tyler impatient, i didn't want to make them wait any longer. So i just decided i would text her back later.

I got downstairs and saw everyone sitting at the table, eating breakfast.

"Hey Colette! Want some toast?" Bode said smiling, happily.

"Thank you for the offer but i don't eat in the mornings." I replied.

"Oh that's fine, it just means more for me!" He answered before grabbing the rest of the toast of the plate. I laughed.

"Um Coco, you didn't eat last night, are you sure you don't want anything?" Tyler said, making my head turn.

"No, honestly i'm fine. Don't worry about me. Anyway, shall we go?" I said trying to assure Tyler i wasn't hungry.

"Yeah, let's go." Tyler said, jumping up and grabbing his bag and the last slice of toast off his plate.

"You guys go to the car, i'll catch you up in a second, i just left a few things upstairs." Kinsey spoke.

"Okay, but hurry." Tyler answered.

Me and Tyler slowly walked to the car together in silence before he spoke.

"Here, please just eat this small slice of toast, i need to see you eat."

I took it from his hand and shoved it in my mouth, making him chuckle.

"Happy now?" I said.

He just hummed a 'yes' and got into the car.

After waiting for 2 more minutes, Kinsey finally decided to show up. She jumped into the front seat next to Tyler and he wasted no time before he started driving away from the house.

We pulled up in front of a boring looking building, i looked at Tyler and Kinsey before stepping out of the car.

"I'll catch you guys later." Tyler quietly said, leaving me and Kinsey alone and going in the opposite direction towards a girl holding her arms out for him, i assumed she was his girlfriend he mentioned the night before.

"Ready to go inside?" Kinsey asked, waking me up from my thoughts.

"Yeah. I guess so." I replied.

Me and Kinsey made it inside of the school and headed straight to our first class, luckily we were in the same first class, which made me feel more at ease.

The morning went by fast. It was soon lunch and i was sitting at a table with Kinsey.

"So, when am i going to meet your friends?" I asked.

"Now, if you want?" Kinsey replied.

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah, they are probably hanging out in their usual place. I would be with them but i wanted to hang with you so.."

I smiled lightly.

"Wanna go?" Kinsey finished, smiling.

"Why not?" I smiled back.