Chapter Four

Audrey looked up at the two agents when they stepped into her hospital room. She wasn't sure what they wanted, but she hoped it wasn't to talk too much about what had happened to her and Mateo, at least, not yet. She didn't want to talk about what had happened, since it was still so fresh on her mind.

"Can I help you?" Audrey asked, looking at the two agents.

"How are you feeling, Audrey?" The dark skinned agent asked, causing the girl to sigh.

"I'm hurting, but I'm getting better. Mateo is getting better, according to the doctor. He's still too scared to sleep for more than an hour by himself. If I want him to sleep longer, I have to hold him to me to keep him calm and let him feel safe." Audrey said, looking down at her sleeping son.

Mateo had only been asleep for about twenty minutes alone, so she knew he'd be awake soon, most likely crying. It hurt Audrey to see her son so distraught, but there really wasn't anything she could do, other than hold him and make him feel safe in her arms.

"Audrey, do you know who your father is?" The younger agent asked, looking at the girl.

"No, Mom said he wanted nothing to do with her or me. She said he wasn't important to us, and that he probably used her to get on the reservation for the night." Audrey replied, frowning at the thought of her deadbeat father.

"Believe it or not, pretty boy here, is your big brother." The dark skinned agent commented, causing Audrey's eyes to widen.

"I don't even know your names, so I don't know if I should believe you or not." Audrey said, causing both agents to nod.

"Right, I'm Derek Morgan, and this is Doctor Spencer Reid." Morgan introduced, and Audrey smiled politely.

"Nice to meet to meet you both." Audrey replied, causing the two agents to smile.

"Audrey, when you get out of here, will you be staying here, or will you be moving back in with your mother on the reservation?" Reid asked, making the girl frown.

"I don't feel safe here with Mateo anymore. I don't want to go back to the reservation, since I feel like they'd hate me for having a child so young, even if it wasn't planned. I think I'm going to try and find a new place, but definitely somewhere out of this town." Audrey answered, causing Morgan to give a subtle glance to Reid.

"Why don't you come with us and stay with Reid until you find yourself a place?" Morgan offered, making Audrey frown.

"I don't know, Derek. I-I just met you, Spencer, so no offence, but I'm not sure if I trust you. I mean, I know you're an agent, but that doesn't mean I completely trust you around my son and I." Audrey said, causing Reid to frown.

Reid understood where she was coming from, but at the same time, hearing those words leave her lips made him feel a little upset. He sort of wished his sister trusted him, even a little bit, though she barely knew him.

"I know you don't entirely trust me, but I can say that I'm not crazy. I want you to feel comfortable around me, since you are my little sister. I know you don't want to trust it, but the offer to stay with me will always be open. I would really like to spend time with you and Mateo, get to know you both more than just as an agent and victim." Reid stated, and Audrey nodded.

Audrey felt a bit better about Reid and Morgan when Reid had been so sophisticated about the offer, but she was still a little wary. She wanted to trust Reid and Morgan, but she had just gotten out of a life or death situation with her son, so she didn't want to trust the wrong people. Matter of fact, she wasn't very trusting of the doctors, but she didn't have a choice since she and Mateo needed  medical attention immediately after they were found.

"Give me time to think it over, Spencer. I need time to come to terms with everything that happened. I'll have an answer before Mateo and I are released." Audrey said, and Spencer nodded.

Spencer felt a little awkward and shy around his little sister, mostly because she was a new person and he was trying to have her like him. He wanted her to get to know the person he was and not the person everyone believed he was before they got to know him. Most people thought he was a shy nerd, but he was more than just a shy nerd. He had so many cool things that he could share with his sister and nephew, he just didn't know how to share it all at once.

While Morgan and Reid were still in the hospital room, Mateo woke up with a startled gasp, before he began to cry. Audrey quickly leaned over and grabbed her son, pulling him into her arms. He was a bit heavy for her stitches, but she couldn't let her son cry and feel unsafe when she was around. She wanted her son to feel safe, even if it hurt her when she tried to comfort him.

"Is he alright?" Morgan asked, causing Audrey to nod.

"He doesn't feel safe when he's not in my arms. He can't sleep longer than an hour if he isn't in my arms. I barely get any rest here, since it's hard for me to hold him in this bed. Doctors and nurses are always in and out of the room, constantly wanting to check our stitches, vitals, bloodwork, and everything else. It'll be so much easier when we're out of here. I can be in my own room, comforting my son without doctors and nurses bothering us." Audrey said, causing the agents to frown.

One way or another, Reid and Morgan wanted to figure out a way to bring Audrey and Mateo to live with Reid so they could finally be close. Maybe the reservation wouldn't be too far, so her mother wouldn't be too far away, but Reid really wanted to know his sister and nephew...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'll try to update this story at least once a week. What do you guys think so far? Should Audrey and Mateo live with Spencer?

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx