XXII

The next two and a half weeks went by rather quickly as everyone started to get excited for the holidays and most of the classes were getting easier now that all the students were back in the swing of classes. Granted Hermione and Draco stayed light years ahead of everyone in their work so they thought it was exceptionally easy, even Ginny managed to agree that it was going smoothly.

The weather cooled as they entered December and the snow started to fall. The group kept doing their nightly rounds all together in the case that anything happened but within the past few weeks there has been nothing out of the ordinary. They were all able to enjoy their time together and even take walks while it was snowing in the courtyards at night. A snowball being thrown here and there.

Quidditch games were a weekly occurrence sometimes even more if the players insisted on more games. Today's game was the best type of game, Gryffindor vs. Slytherin. The lot of them were all sitting at the front of the Gryffindor table at breakfast talking about the game that was taking place in about an hour and a half.

"So who are we betting on winning? I mean both of you are great seekers but only one of you can catch the snitch. Plus it is snowing real bad so it will be a challenge for sure." Ginny says looking between Harry and Draco.

"I sure hope it is Slytherin however I will say it is snowing pretty bad so it will be an interesting game." Draco says as he takes a swig of his butterbeer.

Shrugging to himself Harry says, "Honestly I'm not sure, we're the both at a disadvantage today so we'll see."

"I think Gryffindor will win." Ginny says sticking up her middle finger at Draco while he does it right back causing everyone to laugh.

"Sorry Harry I've got to say I hope Draco catches it and wins..." Hermione says as she smiles and Draco gives her a kiss on her cheek. Leaning behind his back she mouths to Ginny and Harry, 'No I don't' as everyone laughs and Draco says, "I saw that."

"You didn't see anything." Hermione laughs as they all go back to their breakfasts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione and Pansy stood together in the stands in the Slytherin tower to watch the game. Although Hermione was rooting for both teams she went with Pansy to the Slytherin tower so neither of them would have to stand alone. They were bundled up in too many layers to count with Draco and Blaises Slytherin scarves since they were thicker.

The game started off pretty slow considering the snow was hard to see through but it was starting to slightly lighten up. The game was 60-50 in Gryffindor's favor and the snitch was yet to be seen.

"DRACO MALFOY AND HARRY POTTER STILL IN SEARCH OF THE GOLDEN SNITCH!..... IT LOOKS LIKE HARRY POTTER HAS SPOTTED THE GOLDEN SNITCH AND DRACO IS CLOSE BEHIND." Luna shouts into the commentary speaker.

It was true Harry had been looking when it flew right by Ginny's head and he was off with Draco just seconds behind him. All eyes were on the two whizzing around the pitch and through the snow trying to catch the snitch. Draco had managed to get next to Harry and they both were the same distance away from the snitch and coming towards the middle of the pitch, all eyes were on them to see who would catch it.

Just as they reach the middle of the pitch a bludger comes out of thin air and smashes directly into Draco's chest knocking him off of his broom and smashing him into Harry as the bludger hits Harry in the leg. The whole pitch can hear Harry yell out in pain all while Draco can't seem to make a noise with the lack of oxygen in his lungs from the brunt force of the bludger. They are both falling out of the air towards the bottom of the pitch at rapid speed. Hermione instantly screamed as the leaned forward to put her hands on the wood banister in front of them as Pansy held onto her arm.