Ch. 1 || The News

Espresso hasn't slept for 5 days, it's been so hard sleeping ever since "He" (Madeline) left for a mission. He didn't know when he was gonna come back, he didn't even know if he WAS gonna come back.

Espresso was doing his studies as usual, multi-tasking by finishing piles of homework and studying for the test next week.

Latte bust into his room, as Espresso almost dropped all of his paperwork, he gave her a deathstare. "Sorry.." Latte said nervously, scratching the back of her neck. "ANYWAYS! I have great news!" Latte changed her emotions rather quickly. Espresso set his papers on a side table and looked back at Latte, not showing the slightest bit of interest. "What is it?"

"MADELINE'S COMING BACK FROM HIS MISSION!"

As soon as she said those words, Espresso lit up, "WHEN!-- When!?" He calmed down a bit, trying not to show his excitement. "Today! 6pm sharp!" Latte said, smirking. She knew something was up.

Latte had been shipping those two together for way too long.

It was currently 4pm, just 2 hours more that Espresso had to withstsnd until he could see Madeline. Espresso calmed back down and put on his Poker face. In reality, he was screaming in the inside.

"Okay, now get out of my house." Espresso said, deathstaring her."OKAY! Okay!" She said, as she disappeared (she teleported lol).

Espresso stood still for a couple of minutes until he freaked out, OMG! OMG! MADELINE IS COMING BACK!
Espresso thought, he was too excited to think straight and he ditched his homework and studies.

--------
Time skip to the exciting part 😍
--------

Latte knocked on Espresso's door, which Espresso almost immediately answered, with a hint of determination on Espresso's face. Him and Latte walked over to the entrance of the Castle where the other cookies surrounded it.

Espresso cookie waited impatiently and kept checking the time and then Madeline appeared in the distance. Espresso clutched his fists tightly together, trying to keep his cool. (Which he obviously wouldnt)

"Hey guys I'm back!" Madeline exclaimed as the other cookies crowded him and welcomed him.

Madeline was social, kind and popular unlike Espresso.

Espresso suddenly ran up to him and hugged him tightly, Madeline expected this and patted his back. The other cookies were so surprised, why was Espresso acting like this?

|| height difference ||
| art NOT mine |

Espredso's face was stuffed into Madeleine chest, Madeleine had a sincere, and warm smile across his face

Espredso's face was stuffed into Madeleine chest, Madeleine had a sincere, and warm smile across his face. "I missed you so much.." he mumbled, "I missed ya too Espressy, I missed ya too" Madeleine said, knowing that Espresso would prefer to keep their little secret together. Latte had a smirk on her face and was shipping the two in her head, other cookies were confused and surprised to see him act like this. Espresso acted quickly and backed away, his tears stopped flowing as he hid it with his hands on his face. "Ouch.. curse these glasses" Espresso said as he rubbed his eyes, he was actually wiping away the tears. He lifted his hands off of his face, his crying wasn't noticable. Other cookies also hugged him, Madeleine hugged them all back as he glanced over at Espresso, wanting to cuddle with him all day.

-------------
Time skip
-------------

It was 11 pm. Espresso was still submerged in his studies, not having a single thought of taking a break. That is until Madeleine bust into his house and into his workspace, "HELLO ESPRESSY!" Madeleine yelled, almost instantly running over to him and hugging him.

Espresso missed this warmth, so he didn't mind if he lost a paper or two of work. He could easily re-write them later. "Hello mads (madeleine's nickname)" Espresso said as he kissed the cheek of Madeleine. "It's 11, you should really go to sleep" Madeleine said, Espresso nodded, and got up. Suddenly, Madeleine picked him up in a bridal style, "H-H-HEY! PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!" He yelled, flailing his arms yet trying not to touch Madeleine and harm him. "Nope" he said, as he laid him down on the bed. And they both fell asleep.

---------------

Done. Srry it was short
Words: 693 words