Act I

The young heir glanced over at the noble house one last time, his palm gripping on the handle of his blade for comfort. The world around him was silent, some people stopped walking as their eyes laid upon the current condition of the Kaedehara home. Their lips muttered words Kazuha couldn't transcribe, but he knew what they were saying. 

He watched as the remaining house servants and maids took their final steps inside the home before they walked out, leaving the lot to be repossessed by someone else. He did not know what would happen to the remaining fortunes, nor did he give it much thought. 

It was unfortunate, he thought, how quietly yet efficiently the Kaedehada clan had ended, like poison running through someone's veins. The hard work his relatives put into was all for nothing in the end, but what could Kazuha have done? After all, the fortunes and riches were already collapsing like a bridge by the time they were his. He wondered what people would think of the once prevailing clan now after their youngest heir let everything crumble.

Unfortunately, as helpless as he could have felt, it was a day that he had sensed was coming. Even a majority of the workers had sensed it, and had started to leave before the worst had come. Additionally, with no support nor help from Kazuha's siblings like they had gotten for being the youngest of the clan, he found himself puzzled and stressed half of the time rather than happy with how everything was running.

So, as he now looked at the condition of the fallen clan, he closed his eyes and took a breath of relief. He felt the pounds of weight on his shoulders had eased and he couldn't feel more joyous. He felt as free as the wind, and as calm as waves washing on the shore. 

He had never been one to live a luxurious life anyway. It was most notable when he would walk outside early every morning, not having any limitations, expectations, nor work. Just the mourning doves chirping and the leaves on the wind blowing against each other. He always enjoyed studying the natural laws of the world around him ever since youth, and he had always dreamed to roam without any specific direction. 

So now, Kazuha could do exactly just that. As long as he had a blade in his hands and his ability to detect the weather, he could face many courses that the gods could throw at him. 

With new aspirations in his mind, he turned away from his home one last time, and set off to a new journey, a new chapter in his life beginning to unfold. 

••••• 

Days came and went as they pleased, and the months had gone by as swiftly as the autumn breeze. During the duration of his wanders, he had never felt so free in his entire life. He did not need to do his duties for his family. He could visit his friends freely, without needing to schedule or postpone. He could take in the beauty and feel of nature for as long as he pleased, and no one could stop him. He even found himself unknowingly grinning often after seeing all the sights there was to see. 

Always discovering something new, coming across unfamiliar yet respectful people alike was an entirely different experience than being a money-having, lonely child back when the clan was striving. Now, out in nature, he knew where his new home was. 

Kazuha never wondered how long this happiness would last. 

One fateful day, he roamed aimlessly in Chinju Forest, his eyes gazing upon the brilliant glow of the flowers, helping him navigate his way through the eternal night. A friend of his, Ayaka Kamisato, has expressed how much this fantastical forest had attracted her interest, and it was understandable. The aura of this part of Narukami Island stood out from the rest greatly. He does wish others would experience the same feeling of tranquility as Kazuha felt here. 

To catch a breather, he placed himself on the staircase to the shrine, glancing around. Today was quite peaceful, as not many monsters showed up. The sword that was sheathed safely to his belt had barely been touched and the wind called for no signs of danger lurking. These types of days were uncommon for Inazuma.