Chapter 13: Love Rivals (1)

As Cale was laying down in the bed with 3 cute furry children as he recalled what happened after he stepped out of the kitchen.

A screen flashed in front of his mind

-Congratulations! Dear player.--The Game Begins--Now-

-Capture the hearts of your love targets to save their lives and win a special prize-

-To aid you in missions as you play the game, an assistant will be given to you-

The screen vanished, and Cale, now feeling the exhaustion after his 'activities' with Beacrox, drifted off to sleep.-

- Morning came.'Tug, tug, tug' (n/a: lol I can't think of knocking sounds lol huhu)

Cale woke up to the heavy tapping of the door

"Good morning young master"

What greeted Cale was the sight of a gentle-smiling Ron, but Cale knows just how fake that benign smile is. Just like what he expected, Ron handed him a cup of lemonade.

'It's even extra sour today'

"Young master"

"Hmm?" Cale didn't miss how slightly off Ron's tone is.

"Don't you have some explaining to do, young master?"

Cale had to swallow the bitter-sour lemonade in his mouth.

Cale's already pale skin, lost all color. No.No, no way. He definitely didn't see that.

As reckless it may seem for Beacrox, Cale was extremely careful, he asked the wind elementals to stand guard and quickly report to him if anyone is near the vicinity. Though the elementals aren't that skillful in combat when compared to the monsters surrounding Cale, their detection ability is no joke. But still, Ron Molan is a feared assassin, with stealth as his forte, so was he perhaps, not noticed?

'Aaaagh, f*ck this' Cale's mind was a mess, but he decided to not admit anything yet, after all, 

only the suspect can out himself.

"What could it be? hmm" Cale flashed an impolite and irritated smile, basically telling Ron, to 

f*ck off.

"Beacrox"

"Tss, what is it" Cale genuinely expressed his annoyance. 'Damn it, if you're gonna confront me, then just get it over with'

No matter how much Cale protested in his mind, Ron just gave him a blank stare.

"... Nothing, young master"

"If that's the case then get out, I'm sleeping more" Cale replied keeping his 'annoyed but actually scared' face.

Ron flashed yet again his signature smile, "Then I shall take my leave no-"

*Booogsh* heavy sound rang across the room as the door was forcibly opened.

"YoUUnGGGG mAaaaSssTeeeeeeerRR"

"So nooiiisssy"

"I greet young master Cale and MY SWEET LITTLE BABIEEEES" the green-haired butler, 'Hans' 

ran to the 3 furry children lying on Cale's bed.

"Waaah Hans is here!" the kids exclaimed in unison.

Contrary to the kids' reaction, Cale's already agitated mood has only gotten worse. 'Tch, the old 

man was just about to get out'

"What are you doing here?" Cale stated in the most annoyed face he can muster.

But Hans, who probably eats positivity every morning, seems to pay it no mind at all.

"Oh right! I almost forgot why I came here because of these fluffy sweethearts" the hand that was petting the children stopped for a moment, this gesture earned Hans sad faces from the children, then went back to cuddling with Cale.

"Spit it out" 'Haaah just get the old man out'

Suddenly, as if he wasn't the man who was cuddling with the fur babies just a second ago, Hans' face turned serious.

Seeing this demeanor, Cale straightened his back and turned serious as well. 'I have a bad feeling about this'.

"Young master"

"Just say it"

"....."

Hans paused as if he's hesitating to continue.

"Get on with it. Now"

"...Choi Han"

"What about him?" Cale panicked.

"He was stabbed"

"huh? it's not that serious then" Cale was stupefied. Even the three children tilted their heads synchronously.

Though there are monsters that are ridiculously strong that they have yet to encounter, Choi Han can put up a fight. It wasn't the first time Choi Han dealt with an intruder, plus Choi Han isn't the only monster around, Raon, Eruhaben, and even Sheritt felt nothing, so it was probably just a small fry.

But Cale couldn't get rid of the iffy feeling in his chest, what could be making Hans act this way?

"Then what's wrong?" Cale subconsciously uttered.

"...Beacrox"

"Huh? Beacrox what?"

"Beacrox stabbed Choi Han"

ha?