2). D-day

Clutching to a sheet, Mash is sitting amongst a herd of people on a carrack's sitting. Though it was breezy a while ago, the sun has finally taken over to lend its heat to the world. Just as if it shines next to Mash's side profile. His face, however, shows a puzzled expression. Somewhere near him, a man in a decorated uniform is beating a young boy with his belt, he bawls, "you have to beat your friends like this soon enough." This man has a gun in his pocket, but it doesn't gross out Mash. 

He looks down at the water, a figment of imagination arising, Mash jumps in and swims down. He sees the beauty of the sea in its true form, from the depth. Another image comes in the image of a sketch, a very beautiful painting. Mash is holding this sketch whilst cycling his legs in the deep ocean, the sketch is of course a painting of the beauty he finds underwater, the greenery under the soil, and the animals who revolve around it daily. Unfortunately, his upturned eyes abruptly open back when a man intrudes, asking, "you want a ticket?". Mash reluctantly nods and hands them over the pamphlet, in return, he gets a slip asking him to fill in a few details.

You don't often bump into elegant pedestals. At the footpath, Mitch is walking down like a charismatic, confident, smart, gentleman. He has an attitude. The attitude of a successful man, and he walks with it. He looks around, smirks. He is wearing a satin charcoal grey t-shirt and pyjama. He checks them, he feels he looks alright!

The dazzling water which is constantly moving along with the carrack has Mash's eyes charmed, they're fixed on it like Mash's fingers stay attached to his pencil all day long. The sun is about to set, maybe this has brought a distraction to those mystified eyes. Mash looks around, at those people he is sitting amongst.

He looks back at the water, his head moves back and forth for a minute till he generates an idea that brings a grin on his face. He opens the pamphlet in his hand again, he cuts it into pieces and throws it away, the person sitting next to him looks at him in shock but stays stoic. Mash stands over the seat and leaps into the water. Gunshot! Aim missed.

Mitch is at the port now; he seemed to have been talking to the fat man by his side, they're both covered under the shed of the shadow which has dulled as the sun has reached far east. Finally, both of them part their ways, and Mitch signals a petty sailor by the water with his waving hand. The left hand, because in the right one lies that precious chit, he might not want anyone to notice it; he clutches hard to the chit.

Though everyone is shouting hard and long, Mash continues swimming ahead, he can see an island at a bit of a distance, more like a mini deserted island; the sun next to it. And oh, that beautiful island with the big coconut tree and the sun in the background giving those trees a silhouette is just so mesmerizing that Mash moves freely like the water he is in.

Mitch is maneuvering the boat all by himself. Running those oars is sure a flex. However, he is all alone on this boat. He is running along a lush green island, though he can't peep inside, he admires its beauty from the distance. This island reminds him of the chit he has safe in his pocket. He checks for it and sighs.

Mash is almost ashore. He realizes that land is now just beneath him, he can't swim anymore. He takes a stand. Walks ahead and collapses to the ground. He spits out a gulp of water and starts breathing heavily.

He pushes himself up and sits. He rubs his face with his mudded hands. Again, a sigh that his face was used a cloth. But he doesn't let the feral feeling be washed away.

Mitch is still sailing in his boat. He looks over to his left, oh no! He nearly missed the beauty beside him. The sun is about to set and an island has appeared in front of his sight.

The silhouette of trees, especially a big coconut one at the right end which comes to his notice. It feels as if someone's lying near it. Maybe a turtle. Anyhow, Mitch brings out that precious chit and then turns back to look at the island, yes, he has pretty much reached his destination. He pivots towards it.

Mash gets up from his rest by the tree, he looks around; ironically, he is shivering under the sun's heat. He is tense. He exhales deeply, and spits a pitiful amount of water on his shirt, he coughs as he walks towards the barren sand and starts making an outline.

Within a minute of failure, he starts throwing the sand in the air in vain and whimpers. His energy has degraded from what it was whilst swimming. Probably Mash can see this moving figure. To Mitch, he is certainly a paranoid silhouette.

Mitch harnesses his boat to the island's parking. While Mash is sleeping, he reaches for him and looks straight at his face, he starts to chortle. He bends to Mash's face and starts singing "Get up, get up, get out of my head and fall into the sand instead!"

Mash, over smart, semi-opens his eye and looks at Mitch, he remains stoic. Mitch has now stopped; he is surveying the scenery. Mash's hand furtively reaches for the sand nearby, he throws it at Mitch with full agility.

 Mitch curses him. Mash throws a bit more sand in a hurry and starts running the opposite side of Mitch. Mitch walks towards the water and starts sprinkling; well, more like starts throwing it over his eyes. That is when Mash notices a tube hanging to his back like a hump. To Mash, it looks like a machine gun.

As Mitch turns and starts to approach him yet again, Mash notices the sling over Mitch's shirt. This sling is probably attached to that artillery or whatever it is. But before Mash could start to think about it, Mitch starts to holler in an argument. this causes a swirl of distraction, letting Mash forget about that black-slinging object.

In angst, they both start fighting for breath and continue shouting at one another. Their conversation goes in a very rapid manner, their minds work like an engine and mouths like machine guns.

Mitch has a very deep, orotund voice while Mash has a high-pitched, girlish voice and talks in a very tense way. Mitch talks boldly, suavely, and has a command over himself, he seems to be playing with Mash's weak demeanor throughout the conversation. 

Where do you think will this conversation go? What is in that tube? A gun? Knives? Probably knives...