Chapter 1: When A Good Paradise Turns Bad

Our story begins right when Al & Eddie were enjoying the island in the sky, populated by birds.

"What a life," Al cooed. "A guy could live like this forever."

It almost seemed they never ever wanted to leave.

'The days passed blissfully. As memories of their old life slowly faded, Al & Eddie decided that this was ecstasy.'

But unbeknownst to them, a mysterious voice was chiming in around the island.

'So they like this island, eh? Well, one the transformation is complete, they'll never ever wanna leave... ever. They'll become the perfect specimens for my collection.'

----------------------------------------

'But ripe fruit soon spoils.'

One day, in the jungle on the floating island, Al awoke, and went to wash his face with water from the river.

But when he saw his reflection, he shrieked.

He saw a human head, with feathers in place of hair, and a beak-like nose.

And in place of hands, he saw he had wings forming!

"Eddie!!!" Al shouted, "Look at us! We're turning into birds!"

And they were; Al's eyes were becoming beady, feathers appeared on his head in place of his hair, and his nose was becoming more beak-like. Eddie's snout was now a beak.

"We've got to get out of here!" Al croaked, as wings sprouted in place of his arms, tail feathers plumed, and his feet turned into bird feet, and Eddie's back paws began to become duck feet.

"Take us back, take us back!" Eddie quacked, as he ears shrunk, and his body became curved. "I don't want to be a bird!"

"I'd rather mop floors!" Al honked, and both transforming man and dog flapped furiously and rose into the air.

Suddenly, without warning, the mysterious voice realized that Al & Eddie were leaving.

'Oh no, you don't. Once you've chosen to stay on the island, you can never leave!'

True to dat, Al & Eddie's bird transformation kicked into overdrive. Al's body sprouted more feathers, his legs shrunk, turned yellow, and his cap and pants fell off his body, into the mist, never to be seen again.

Eddie's body curved, and soon it began taking the form of a male mallard duck, but with a brown head.

Al had completely became an eagle, brown and white feathers, with red and yellow tips.
Both birds stared sadly at the expanse of the city below them. Now, all memories of being dog and human were gone.

"Oh, how we wish we were back in our one-room apartment." Al sighed to Eddie sadly. "If only we hadn't been so foolish to come here."

But their old life had gone forever, and Al and Eddie would be stuck as birds forever.... or so they'd thought.