Chapter 5 - Girlfriends and teasing

Regulus was happily lounging in his Ravenclaw robes down by the lake and was chatting with his girlfriend Eve Harwood. He had mustered up enough courage to ask her out when he got injured by a bludger in a quidditch match and his original plan of presenting her with some flowers after they had won the match was off the table. Regulus didn't much care that he had broken a rib or two he was more worried about the fact that he couldn't ask Eve out as any 14 year old boy would be.
Flashback
He had sworn he had only glanced at Eve but a smashing pain in rib cage made him think otherwise, perhaps he had simply just gotten lost in daydreams he thought as he fell to the ground. Winded and disappointed was not a good mix and Regulus had to be carted off the pitch in a stretcher while he moaned clutching at his ribs in pain. This was not how he expected the day to go. He had a whole plan of presenting a bouquet of flowers to Eve on the pitch after they had won but unfortunately a damn bludger just had to mess up his ribs.
"Dear me it does seem that you have broken a couple of ribs," Said madam pomfrey bustling around and making him drink a cup full of something disgusting.
"Skele-grow," She muttered to Regulus' disgusted face as he swallowed it.
"Should have you right as rain by tomorrow,"
Regulus groaned, tomorrow now his plan was royally screwed.
Regulus was wallowing in self pity when the doors to the hospital wing flew open and madam pomfrey looked round at the sudden noise. Eve Harwood stormed into the hospital wing with her gryffindor scarf all skew-if, her hair slightly messy from the wind outside and her cheeks flushed from the cold air.
"Regulus Black you have got to be more careful we are all worried about you especially your brother," She cried storming over to his bedside and glaring at him.
"Sorry," He muttered weakly and shifted in his bed as the pain of having his ribs regrown was starting to affect him.
Eve could obviously see the pain written of his face as she reached a tender arm to his forehead and wiped his hair out of his eyes. Regulus looked at her in surprise and she gave him a soft smile in return. Regulus stared into her amber eyes and took in every inch of her face including the brown hair that framed it. It seemed as if they moved of their own accord as their lips were a centimetres width apart when the hospital wing doors flew open for a second time startling the pair and making madam pomfrey huff in annoyance. Sirius walked in, in all his glory and smirked when he saw the pair so close together. James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew flanked his sides and they all had identical smirks on their faces as well.
Noticing the crowd Eve spoke up, "Well Reg I hope you get better but I best be off you know things to do,"
Eve had a mega blush on her face as she all but ran from the hospital wing and the boys turned their attention to Regulus.
"So Reggie I'm hurt that you didn't tell me first," Sirius pouted a hand on his chest in mock pain.
Regulus almost choked on his own saliva, "Oh we're not-"
Regulus was cut of by James sniggering but trying to cover it up with a cough and he ended up spluttering and even Remus raised his eyebrows at Regulus. Peter didn't say much but did seem to hang on everything the other boys said.
"You sure about that Reggie, your lips were ever so close," Sirius said smirking while James made kissy noises behind his back but packed it in when Remus gave him a sharp elbow in his ribs.
James gave a reproachful glare to Remus and rubbed his ribs and that brought Regulus back to the pain of his own ribs being regrown and rubbed his chest in discomfort. Sirius seemed to notice his discomfort and gave him a swift hug and one last smirk before leaving and the other boys followed all bidding their goodbyes. Regulus was grateful for them coming but was glad to be free of the torture. He was almost certain most people had crushes after all it was obvious Sirius liked Remus and James only proclaimed his love to Lily everyday so it wasn't like you could miss that. Lily seemed to think James only liked her for her looks but it was obvious to Regulus that he clearly liked her personality as well and he had tried to calm down on the constant love poems in favour of being slightly more mature. It was also obvious to Regulus that Sirius and Remus both liked each other but they were yet to admit it. Regulus saw the way they smiled at each other in the corridors and they always seemed to be clasping hands at the dinner table, even Regulus could spot that from his seat at the Ravenclaw table. It was only Peter in their little group, the marauders they called themselves, who didn't seem to have found anyone.
Regulus shut his eyes a peaceful smile finding its way onto his face as he thought about all the people he loved in his life and he fell asleep almost instantly. Regulus was let out of the hospital wing the following morning and hurried to his common room to change before breakfast. He thought about Eve and wondered if he should ask her out in the great hall, of course it wouldn't nearly be as grand as his plans before but maybe simplistic would be better. Having gotten ready Regulus made his way to the great hall and scanned the gryffindor table and spotted Eve sat with some of her friends whispering and giggling. He walked over there and tapped her on her shoulder.
"Reggie you're better that's great," She said getting up and giving him a hug.
A blush made its way onto his face and furiously tried to fight it off.
"Can we talk," He murmured and she nodded and he gently grabbed he hand pulling her towards the entrance of the great hall.
Sirius who noticed this exchange whooped and hollered along with James while Remus sent him an apologetic smile. Regulus quickened his pace embarrassed but Eve just laughed at his slightly flushed face and he gave her a small smile. Having reached the entrance Regulus stopped and it caused Eve to look at him in confusion and he awkwardly shuffled his feet before looking at her.
"Well I was umm wondering if you would like to uhh-," Regulus but getting cut off by Eve walking up to him and pressing a swift kiss to his cheek.
"Is that an umm yes," Regulus gulped and Eve laughed before pressing a kiss against his lips this time.
"Of course silly," She giggled and Regulus breathed a sigh of relief before giving Eve a hug and pressing his own lips against hers.
Walking back into the great hall they both had huge smiles on their faces and their hands were clasped tightly together. Sirius gave his brother a wink and Regulus even saw Mcgonagall with a smile on her face as she gazed at the couple. Regulus bid goodbye to Eve by giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and she giggled giving him a hug and James wolf whistled and gave Regulus and encouraging smile.
Flashback over
It had been a hectic ordeal in the process of leading up to him asking Eve out but Regulus was glad as they had been dating for 5 months now and neither could be happier. Regulus still got the occasional howler about how Eve wasn't girlfriend material but he took no notice of them and continued to spend his time with her. They had stopped chatting now and Regulus laid his head in Eve's lap and she gently ran a hand through his hair and they both stared at the black lake content smiles playing on their faces.
  Hope you enjoyed this. What's better than a bit of brotherly teasing? Also I decided Regulus could be a Ravenclaw in this one shot.
~ Hazel