The man with the briefcase

I sigh, speed walking down the busy streets of Daejeon, glancing at the watch on my wrist every now and then. I cannot be late for the subway, I really need this job. The streets are completely packed full of people and the cacophony of noises from traffic to people's conversations passing by me isn't helping my headache.

As I reach the stairs to the subway I hear the announcement from down below.
"Coach 07 is departing in one minute. The next available coach is in 35 minutes"
"Shit!!" I exclaim, grabbing the circular metal banister and running down the stairs into the underground. I reach the station but the doors of the subway slam shut, leaving me behind as the subway moves onward.

I sigh, turning my back on the moving whirlwind of grey and white, walking towards the silver seat against the wall and sitting down, awaiting the next coach.

A few minutes go by and the station is completely deserted; I'm the only person here.
It feels unusual to me - Instead of the sounds of cars speeding by and people laughing and chatting, all is quiet. It's peaceful in fact..

All of a sudden I hear some sort of rustling to my right, I give it a glance and to my surprise it's a man. He's dressed... unusually formal. Perhaps he's like me, missed his subway and now wanting to sit down to regret his life choices as the world goes by.
The mysterious stranger is wearing a black business suit and in his lap sits a large black briefcase. I can feel him staring at me as I look straight ahead onto the bare tracks.

"Hello"

I turn my head. "Hello" I respond. I squeeze my fist a little. I'm usually awkward in these situations.

"How would you like to win 10000 won?"

I stare at him, furrowing my brows slightly. "What?" I ask.

The man smiles, giving his briefcase a little tap with his fingers.
"Do you want to play a game with me?"

Okay, now I'm even more confused.

"A- a game?"

He nods, before bringing out his other hand, revealing two square cards; one blue, one red.

I sigh. "Alright, whatever kind of joke this is, it isn't funny. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to wait on the other bench"

I get up from where I'm sitting but I feel a hand grab my arm.

"What the - Get your hands off me!" I turn around, ready to slap the guy in the face, but what he does next stops me in my tracks.

Slowly, he holds up 1000 won right in front of my face. Before I can say anything, he speaks.

"If you win, you get to keep this money"

I study him curiously. Surely this can't be legit. I mean, what kind of person just randomly goes around offering money to people who play a silly card game with them? A card game we used to play as children?

I sigh. "Alright then" 

And with that, I take the blue card from his spare hand.

***
"Yes!" I exclaim in joy, throwing my hands up in the air. "I won! I finally won!" The man just stands there smiling at me. I take the money from his hand.

"Thank you, it was fun playing the game with you!" I say, putting the note into my pocket. I'm just about to leave when he hands me something else.

A small brown card with what looks like a phone number on it.

"In case you wish to participate in the games"

I look at the man curiously.

"What kind of games?"

He looks at the still empty station around us, making sure nobody is listening. 

"You phone the number on the card I just gave you. They will ask for your details and then you will be taken to compete in our games for the winning prize money. Good luck, Mai-jun"

And with that, the man with the briefcase turns and walks away, leaving me standing there with a mysterious card and 1000 won in my pocket, while wondering how on earth he knows my name.