School dance

So
I want to a Halloween dance with a couple friends. Before I say anything else, I just wanna say that the teachers had a contest that is the girls asked the guys out more that the guys asked the girls, the guys would have to run a mile, and vise versa. We asked more guys, so I don't have to run a mile. (Thank heavens)
I didn't understand it at first, The teacher said it was time for the girls to start asking the guys. I didn't ask anyone, although a guy asked me. I said yes, because you aren't supposed to say no. It is considered very rude. Anyway, we started slow dancing. It was very nice. I felt awkward, tbh, I mean, he was Harry Potter  and I was TommyInnit. It was weird. I also have a haircut that looks a lot like Tommy as well, so yea. I was probably blushing the entire time. I had no idea that, 1, I now liked him, (when was this a thing?!) and 2, he had a friend that he liked, and she liked him back. When it was the guys turn to ask, we kept dancing. (Also, his girlfriend wasn't there, and he asked if he could dance with someone else, and she said yes.((I just moved here in August, the month school starts, so I'd didn't know anybody)))
Now how I know how it feels to like someone for real, not say it under pure pressure. It is good, but also the worst thing ever at the same time.

Help.