Chapter Three - Rain

Taking a stroll in the dense wooded area didn't help Anne as much as she thought it would.

Her headache still pounded and she felt like ripping out all her hair.

I just need to focus on something else, other than- Her headache pounded more - Marcy.

Suddenly a drop of water landed on her forehead, cooling her down. Anne could hear the incoming thunderstorm.

Well, crap, Anne thought to herself. She needed to find some sort of roof or something, she didn't want to be walking in the rain right about now and she was too far away from Wartwood to go running back home. Eventually Anne came across a pinkish red mushroom that glowed in the dim light of the forest. It's soft glow sucked the headache right out of Anne's head, and she sighed in relief. 

"By frog, it's gone," She sighed again, looking upwards. This mushroom was huge, even bigger than most mushrooms; and that's saying something for Amphibia.  Marcy would have loved this; Anne thought to herself. If only she could've brought them with, but it was too late now.

The soothing sound of rain echoed through Anne's ears, and her eyelids had become drowsy, especially since her body was starting to recover from the horrible headache she had just had. But even though she felt as if she'd pass out any moment, Anne knew better. Amphibia wasn't like earth at all; birds and bugs could devour you in two seconds if you were off guard at any moment. So Anne forced herself to stay awake, watching as the rain pattered down onto the forest floor. Soon the world became darker, and her vision slowly faded...

Crap.

***

About an hour or so later, Anne woke up. She felt better, and her body had fully recovered. The rain still went on, though, and she sighed and enjoyed the view again.

She felt like walking around a bit, after falling asleep there on the forest floor, so she rose from the ground and stretched, yawning.

I wonder if Sprig is worried.

Anne pushed the thought away. Right now was too good a moment to ruin; she wanted to stay in this peaceful environment for as long as possible. Anne wandered around the same spot for a bit before turning the corner. A small gasp flew from her mouth.

"Marcy?"