🏛️🏛️🏛️

[I just made this cos I had a bad urge to make another Jedtavius oneshot lmao]

It surely was a wild and adventurous night. A lot has happened, more than what happens on usual nights. And that's saying something for a museum that's jam-packed with very lively historical figures. Tonight, their lives were at stake. The tablet allowed them to live a second life, centuries after their death, was stolen by the previous nightguard, Cecil Fredericks. 

The new one, Larry Daley, had a plan like no other. And as for Jedediah and Octavius, it made the two bond and be closer together. If it weren't for Larry, the two wouldn't have gotten along like this. They're honestly grateful to have him around, as well as for all that he's done. 

And at the end, they managed to outsmart Cecil and get the tablet back. Though it came with the consequence of the miniature duo's lives. In the spur of the moment, Jedediah tried to take a sharp turn but he wasn't able to properly control the car, which made the vehicle flip over and actually explode. 

Fortunately, they survived. Everyone thought they were dead, but as Jedediah said, they won't be able to get rid of them that easily

After Teddy and Larry assured that everything was in order, Christopher Colombus suddenly initiated that a party would be nice. Everyone agreed to it, and here they all are, partying and doing all sorts of fun activities with each other while blasting September by Earth, Wind, And Fire. 

Jedediah and Octavius managed to get a new car that Nicky let them have. They drove around a bit, playing with Rexy while Nicky was riding the friendly dinosaur. Though after a while, they all got tired and parted their ways, deciding to do something else. 

At the moment, the two were sitting by a window, peacefully watching the snowfall from the outside as the party raged on like the night was never going to end. They bantered through the rest of the night, sharing some laughs here and there as the two shared more about their past lives with each other. Jedediah was quite oblivious to Octavius' personal life, while Octavius already knew so much about the cowboy without even he himself telling anything. You could say Octavius also brushed up on his history and already took the time to learn more about him. 

Perhaps Octavius was already fond of the latter way before.

The Roman only smiled and nodded, enjoying his time listening to Jedediah talk about his life. It was even fun for the brunette to connect the dots with what he has learned from books and such, with what actually happened in the man himself's point of view.

He couldn't help but fall in love more and more with the blonde, getting lost in his sparkling bluebell eyes that were filled with joy and excitement. Octavius smiled softly, "Well, you have surely lived a fruitful life then."

Jedediah awkwardly chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck, suddenly feeling abashed. "Aw shucks, it's nothin' really. I'm just as average as the next guy, truth be told."

Octavius suddenly frowned at Jedediah degrading himself. "Don't say that!" He then cupped the latter's cheeks. "You may think of yourself as ordinary, but I and many others think the opposite." Then subconsciously, he began inching closer to him; slowly but surely taking up the latter's personal space - without really realizing it. "You are a very special man, Jedediah Smith.  Never forget that! Am I understood?"

Momentarily, silence emerged victoriously. Their amber and bluebell eyes were locked onto each other, and Jedediah couldn't find a way to react. His cheeks were bright red, his eyes widened, shoulders tensed - utmostly flustered of the situation. At first, Octavius was oddly baffled. But then he realized what he was doing. He flinched and immediately retracted his hands, backing away a little from Jedediah. "My sincerest apologies, Jedediah! Believe me, it was not my intention to make a move on you that quickly!"