Day 1: stay in

It's the day after the final coronation. The king is calling all the rulers and the soldiers to find a spot to stay in, incase the kingdom will be defeated by the empire.

The king's strength is not the same anymore. Even his soldiers started fading like a stardust.

He used to spend so much time with his children including me but now, he can't even smile back.

I understand him. More than anyone.

I'm on my way to his throne room. I wonder if some of them found a spot to stay in.

"Goodmorning, my lady" said Maia.

She's my personal servant for 1 year today.

For all of the years of living in lies and fright, she is the only person I could tell my thoughts.

"Is this is a good time to connect good to morning?" I asked her jokingly.

She giggled a little and bowed.

I smiled and walked straight to my seat.

I'm sitting in between Princess Amelia and Evan

" When will he start?" I asked Evan.

He shaked his head slowly.

"You're so quite, what's on your mind?"

He moved closer to me and whispered something

"He's been yelling all day to his soldiers. He almost hitted Amelia last night for not searching"

I covered my mouth and keep myself in position.

They are all in silent.

I looked at the King. God, how could I not notice his wrinkled forehead.

I can't even speak to the princess.

" I won't greet you all for you never committed to your tasks. How come that you can't still find an empty village for a stay in?"

He started speaking with a high tone.

Gwaine the Armor (leader of knights), Kaine (Evan's personal servant, my bestfriend)
Even Liam (one of the higher ranked knights) didn't utter a single word.

" I am asking someting, speak up! " The king yelled a little.

" We'll do our best this time, Sire " said Gwaine.

" Bullshit! You have never done anything!" The king stomped his hands on the table.

I'm not use of him being this Man.

I bowed my head a little and closed my fists.

" I want you all to never stop searching for an empty village! Take your horses and search for one. I need this to be settled tomorrow. Understood? "

"Yes my Lord" said the two knights.

We nodded after them.

The King stood up and went back to his room leaving us all sitting in his throne room.

"That's something I have never encountered before"  Said Kaine.

The knights started to leave including Kaine.

There are only me, the two other rulers and Maia waiting for me.

" Are you okay? " Evan suddenly asked.

I nodded immediately and smiled.

" He's just stressed of all the things going on right now. He's a King. It's his responsibility to take care of his people. "