𝐨𝐧𝐞

When the Greasers were walking back to the Curtis household, Ponyboys head was still all over the place. The Socs had really done a lot on him, it spooked him so much, he almost missed the lump of what looked like a person in the middle of the football field. Johnny seemed to take notice to the confused look on Pony's face.

"You alright Pony?" Johnny asked him his low voice.

"Does that look like a person to you?" Pony asked, pointing to the thing in the field.

"Hey it kinda does? Should we go check it out?"

The other Greasers has turned to look at what Ponyboy and Johnny were looking at.

"Lets go."

The Greasers were walking closer to the field. Meanwhile, the thing laying there seemed still.
Johnny was first to approach the thing.

"Hey.. it's a girl!" Johnny said lowly, but almost confused tone infused within.

The boys stepped closer, hesitating to touch her. When Johnny looked closer to her face, she looked beat up.

"Hey! Wake up!" Johnny shook the girl a bit.

She stirred a bit, then lightly fluttered her eyes.

"She's waking up I think!" Ponyboy said excitedly.

When they got a closer look to the girl, she had a bruised eye and cheek. Her lip had been split on the side, and her hair was all over the place.

"You okay?" Johnny said, trying to sit the girl up.

The girl looked at Johnny, and her eyes widened.

"Who-who are ya?" The girl asked.

"Names Johnny and that's Ponyboy, and yours?" Johnny asked, pointing to another boy.

The girl needed to think for a second, "Michele."

"Nice.. can you tell us what your doing here?" Johnny asked.

Before speaking, Michele looked around her surroundings. She was surrounded by a group of boys with greased up hair, and who were undeniably attractive.

"She's pretty." One of the boys pointed out, and snickered.

"Shut up Dally, not the time." Johnny spoke quickly but quietly.

The boy Michele assumed was Dally just groaned, taking a drag from the cigar he had been smoking.

When Johnny got a good look at Michele, he could tell she was quite pretty. She had dark hair that was semi-long. Her eyes were almost as dark as her hair, and her eyelashes were long and dark. She had beautiful facial features, the prettiest Johnny had ever seen on someone.

"Do you know how you got here?" Ponyboy asked, coming to kneel in front of Michele as well.

"No-" Michele tried to recount the events of last night, and when they overwhelmed her, frustrated tears welled in her eyes.

"Hey-hey it's okay. Don't cry, please?" Johnny soothed her in a low voice.

The Greasers hadn't even known why they came to this girl, if it were anyone else they probably would've walked on by. But for some reason, Johnny had a feeling deep in his gut he should go to her.

"I—I uhm.. Was home an-and I-" Michele took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"It's okay, you don't need to explain now," Ponyboy said softly.

"Let's take her back to our house." A man with a deep voice said.

"Alright, Can you walk?" Johnny asked.