1 | And the Crowd Goes Wild

* * *

* * *

Squeaking shoes and an amped up crowd filled Sydney's ears as she sat up in the stands cheering on her boyfriend's team to victory. She held a bright smile and flipped her sleek, curly ponytail over her shoulder as she watched the match intently. The game had been rather close through the first two sets, but in the final set, it was all or nothing. The home team was shooin' for victory and the odds were stacked quite nicely in their favor. All those practices had paid off and culminated into the well-oiled machine that was Aoba Johsai.

The beasts that were the team's Ace and setter dominated the court with their effortless teamwork that made quite the mighty force to be reckoned with. Their skilled combinations and trust in each other was a power the rival team could never attain.

Unable to withstand the sheer force and will of Seijoh, the opposing team was forced into a time out to devise one final strategy that would turn the game around. How unfortunate it was that they still believed they had a chance. As long as Tōru Oikawa commanded his team, they would always pose one of the biggest threats around.

"Go, go, Seijoh! Seijoh, here we go!" Sydney yelled along with the rest of the crowd, shaking her little blue and white pom poms.

"You seeing this?" Matsukawa smirked and nudged Oikawa, pointing up into the stands.

He turned his head to see Sydney cheering the team on with such passion and excitement. She would always be his number one fan. Sydney showed off the little cheerleading outfit she used to wear proudly once being a part of Seijoh herself that somehow he'd managed to coax her into wearing for him. Oikawa blew her a kiss and gave a small wave before being hit in the back of the head by an irritated Iwaizumi.

"Quit flirting and get your head in the game, dumbass!" The vein in Iwa's forehead pulsed.

"Ow! Why do you always have to do that?" Oikawa rubbed his head.

Iwa ignored him and sauntered back onto the court, not looking back to see if he followed behind. Oikawa stuck his tongue out behind Iwa's back making Sydney laugh. Though Iwaizumi tended to pick on him, and he would adamantly deny it, he and Oikawa were the best of friends and their bond was something that could never be broken.

Oikawa was up to serve and her eyes glistened, seeing him jump into the air before swinging his arm down. She cheered louder when he got a service ace.

"One more time!" Sydney called. They needed one more point to finish up the third set and win the game.

Oikawa smirked, hearing her voice in the crowd. He bounced the ball a few times then pointed up at her. This one was for her. He tossed the ball into the air and slammed it, however the other team was able to receive and send it back. The rally was a long one, neither team willing to give the other any leeway. The crowd watched with anticipation, waiting to see who would come out victorious.