Part 1

Maya was in the kitchen making Carina a cup of tea after they got back from the station when Ben called.

"Warren," she said, picking up her phone, "What's up?"

"How's Carina doing?" Ben asked.

"She's... I don't know," Maya sighed, "It's been really hard obviously. She's in a lot of pain. I brought her to the station a little while ago and helped her scream which I think helped. I don't know. I don't know how to help her with this."

"Just be there," Ben said, not used to hearing his captain be this unsure of herself, "That's what she needs from you. You are helping her Maya, even if it doesn't seem like it."

"Well, she hasn't slept in days, so it doesn't seem like I've been much help," Maya said, "Anyway, I'm sure you didn't call me to hear me vent. What's up?"

"Miranda called," Ben said, "They have a memorial planned for Deluca at the hospital in like 3 hours, and they wanted to make sure Carina knew about it. I told Miranda I would call you and tell you. Obviously, if Carina's not up to it, tell her not to worry about it, but I was planning on going, and I can pick you two up and bring you."

"I know she's going to want to be there," Maya said, pulling the tea bag out of the hot cup, "It would be great if you could drive us."

"I'll see you in a few hours," Ben said.

Maya hung up, taking a deep breath before going into the bedroom. She was so tired, having not slept much in the past five days, between work and having her team arrested and her girlfriend's baby brother being murdered, sleep had been impossible to come by. She was too worried for Carina.

The screaming at the station had been a good release for Carina, but she had needed it almost as much, her entire body struggling with not being able to help her girlfriend and physically hold her in the way she wanted to.

She walked into the bedroom, expecting to find Carina curled up in the shower or maybe laying on the floor, trying not to be anywhere too soft. She almost started crying when she saw her girlfriend sound asleep in bed.

She set down the mug on a table, climbing into bed and doing what she had wanted to do since they came home from the hospital. She wrapped her arms around Carina, the brunette snuggling closer to her instead of pulling away.

Maya was so happy Carina finally let herself feel a little comfort and rest. Watching her move around the apartment, seeking out hard places to lay down to try to sleep had been almost painful for Maya, the blonde not wanting to do anything to make this process harder for Carina that it was, but also wanting so much to just wrap her in her arms and give her the comfort she was determined to deny herself.

Maya was happy Carina was sleeping and if it were up to her, she would just let her sleep for as long as she could, but she knew if Carina missed the memorial her friends had put together for Andrew, she would be upset. Maya decided to just let her sleep for a few hours, knowing she needed at least a little rest.

Maya wanted so badly to sleep, but she knew if she did, they would oversleep the memorial so she settled for just holding Carina and going on a mental run to try to calm her body, which had been on edge with everything going on.

Once that was done, she just enjoyed the feeling of holding her girlfriend, of offering comfort even if she was asleep. Soon enough, it was time to get up and get ready for the memorial.

"Carina," Maya said, hating to wake her, "Hey, Carina. It's time to wake up."

"Maya?" Carina said, eyes fluttering open, "What... oh."