A date to the dance

A/N - So the first few chapters of this story will be set before Sidney's book launch so no killer tendencies within any of the characters yet.
________________________________

So it was after school and students were piling outside of woodsboro high. A brunette by the name of Sophia Riley was walking over to her two friends Jill Roberts and Trevor Sheldon who were over by the school gates.

"Hey guys" she said happily and they turned and smiled at her.

"You excited for the dance?" She asked to which they both looked at each other guiltily.

"What's wrong?" She asked worried.

"Shit Sophie I forgot to tell you, we can't go to the dance" jill said looking extremely guilty at her friend.

"Why not?" She asked with a slight frown.

"Jill got a call to babysit and she said I could come by after the kids go to bed to..um. Help her clean the house" Trevor said stumbling over his words hoping Sophie wouldn't get suspicious.

But Sophia knew exactly why he was going over there and even if she didn't the smile on jill's face and the blush on Trevor's cheeks would've been a dead give away.

"Oh right yeah only to help her clean the house" she said teasingly nodding her head.

"Of course why else would I go over" Trevor said smiling.

"Yeah he's like my big helpful little pet aren't you?" Jill asked as Trevor put his arm around her and leaned down towards her.

"Yeah of course I am" Trevor said smiling down at his girlfriend, the two forgetting about their friend even being there.

"Alright well I'm gonna catch up with Charlie and Robbie, but you guys have fun" she said after noticing her two Friends over by the other side of the gate and got ready to walk over to them.

"I still don't know why you hang out with those losers" Trevor said looking over at the cinema nerds to which Sophia threw him a disapproving look.

"They're my friends and you said you'd give them a break" she said defending the two to which Trevor raised his hands in defence.

"Aww is Sophie Sticking up for her little boyfriend" Jill said smiling teasingly as Trevor laughed and Sophia blushed.

"He's not my boyfriend" she said defensively.

"Oh please he might as well be, with the way he's throwing heart eyes over here you'd swear he never saw another girl in his life" Trevor said.

At that the other two girls looked over to see the longer haired one of the two was already looking in their direction before noticing they were looking then quickly turned his head back to his friend.

"Shut up" Sophie said as she turned back to look at Jill and Trevor and bid them a goodbye before walking over to Charlie and Robbie.

"I would choose her over me any day of the week, like seriously I won't be offended" Robbie said as him and Charlie looked over towards the pretty brunette who was making her way over to them.

"Ok but I actually really like her so can you please not say anything stupid to fuck this up, because I'm regretting telling you about it already" Charlie said worried that his friend would say something stupid to embarrass him.

"Don't worry man I've got your back, I'm with you on this, SOPHIE" Robbie shouted at the brunette who was coming closer and she smiled at him.

"You'll never guess what, Charlie likes you more than me and I'm not ok with it so you know what, you can have him, he's all yours" Robbie said starting to walk away from the pair who were both blushing at his comments.

"Im gonna go see if Olivia has a date to dance already" Robbie continued as he walked towards the school to catch the brunette he wanted to take to the dance.

"Good luck" Sophie shouted towards him and he turned back and gave her a thumbs up before turning back around.

"Speaking of the dance, um, do you have a date yet?" Charlie asked the girl and she shook her head.

"No, not yet, how about you?" She asked and it was his turn to shake his head.

"How about we go together then?" She asked and Charlie's eyes widened in surprise.

"Really?" He asked and she nodded.

"I mean yeah, neither of us have a date and the dance is tonight, why not?" She shrugged.

"Yeah sure, I'd like that" he said smiling.

"Ok, well I better get home Gale will be wondering where I am, but I'll see you at the dance" she said walking away from him.

"Yeah, see ya" he said looking at her in awe as she walked away.