part fourteen

Anna woke up to the sound of the birds flying above her

Anna woke up to the sound of the birds flying above her. It was still early and not many people were awake yet. She was already wide awake so Anna decided to leave camp and go on a walk.

A few feet away from the gap in the wall Anna used to leave she found a flower crown hung on a low branch of a tree. She recognized it as almost identical to the one Lexa had made for her. She picked it up and looked around. There was no sign of anyone however she did see a few flowers, the same ones as the ones on the crown, a couple of feet in front of her.

She followed the flowers that were laid out all the way to the clearing and there sat Lexa. The early suns rays bouncing on her tanned skin giving her a radiant glow.

Anna tried to creep up to her silently but stepped on a stick which made Lexa whip her head around in search of the cause of the sound. But as soon as she saw it was Anna a kind smile crept it's way onto her lips.

"If you want to try to surprise me, you'll have to learn to walk more gracefully and less like an animal." she joked.

Anna walked towards the brunette and sat down next to her and said, "my bad, I'll make sure to remember to fly in next time so I won't make a sound."

Lexa chuckled. "I see you found my flower crown, and followed the flowers."

"I did." Anna placed the crown onto her head and smiled posing for Lexa. "Don't I look pretty." she asked jokingly.

Lexa blushed heavily trying to hide her smile. "You look beautiful."

"Well thank you Lexa, so do you."

The two smiled softly at each other before Anna asked, "So what have you been up to?"

"Nothing much, I went on a hunting trip yesterday but nothing much apart from that. What about you? I saw a lot of movement at your camp yesterday. Everybody seemed very excited for some reason." said Lexa.

"You were at our camp. So you're my stalker?" asked Anna.

"I don't know what that means but yes I was. So? What happened?"

"We made contact with the Ark. Everyone was able to talk to their loved ones."

"That's great Anna. Where you able to talk with yours?" she asked.

"I tried to talk to my mom. But- I was told she died."

"Anna I'm so sorr-"

"She's dead, I-" Anna started crying once again feeling her world crash down.

Lexa hesitated for a second but then wrapped her hands around Anna holding her and letting her cry on her shoulder. Once Anna calmed down Lexa spoke.

"I'm so sorry Anna. I know how hard it is to lose a person you care about."

"You've lost someone too." asked Anna.

Lexa nodded before continuing, "her name was Costia. I lo- cared for her and she was killed, murdered, because of me."

"Lexa I'm sure it wasn't your fault"

Anna leaned forward and wiped her thumb over Lexa's cheek where a tear had rolled down. The two stayed completely still lost in each other's eyes. Mere inches away from each other.

However as fast as the moment happened it ended. Lexa pulled away and stood up.

"It's very warm today, don't you think?" She asked.

"I guess." said Anna still stunned from their close proximity a minute ago.

Lexa started taking her shoes and pants off when Anna asked,
"What the hell are you doing?"

Lexa finished underdressing leaving only a pair of boxers and a tank top on and started heading off to the water.

"I'm going swimming. You coming?" she asked.

Anna was left speechless, concentrated in admiring Lexa's toned body, "I can't swim" she said still lost in trance.

"Sure you can. Come on." Lexa said smiling at Anna as she walked back wards into the water. When she got to a part where water covered up to her chest she went under. Anna still laid on the grass watching but when she realized it had been a couple of minutes and Lexa was still under the water she got worried.

She remembered the large water snake that had attacked Octavia the first day on the ground and quickly stood up and rushed to the water bank.

"Lexa!" she screamed but with no use. She walked into the water until the water covered up to her knees and squinted into the water trying to look for Lexa.

She was starting to panic when she felt to hands grasp her ankles and pull her down into the water. She gasped trying to hold onto something to stop whatever was dragging her down. However she was under the water quickly but whatever was holding onto her let go as soon as she went under.

Anna quickly pushed her self upwards out of the water to find Lexa standing near her with a mischievous smile on her face.

"Lexa you scared me I thought there was  something attacking us in the water." said Anna angrily splashing water at her in revenge.

Lexa laughed and replied, "sorry not sorry. But don't lie, don't you feel much better in the nice water than put in the burning sun."

"I actually do." Anna stared at Lexa as she walked towards her, "but you shouldn't have done that. Now we're at war." she joked.

"Oh really. What are you going to do about it?"  asked Lexa walking towards the blonde until there was an inch between them.

Anna closed the space with a small step and held Lexa's stare as her body filled with electricity from the touching of their bodies. Lexa quickly diverted her gaze from Anna's eyes to her lips and Anna did the same.

They could both feel each other's breaths, their heartbeats which seemed to beat unanimously.

Finally Lexa closed the gap between their lips. A soft quick kiss which allowed Anna to back out if she wanted but Anna did not. She quickly initiated the next kiss this time taking it deeper, still soft though. And as electricity filled her body all she could think about was how blissfully happy she felt in that moment as the rest of the world melted away.

A/N: sorry for my bad kiss description my only experience is reading smutty Wattpad books so don't mind that. Also thank you for 1k reads even though it's might not seem like a lot to some it's an accomplishment to me so thanks. Hope you enjoyed. Have a good day/night