SANDS OF TIME

SANDS OF TIME

our love will outlast time,it will make the sands stop falling

it will make the sands stop falling

our love will outlast time,it will make the sands stop falling

"YOU HAVE NO
IDEA WHAT YOU'RE
UP AGAINST."

"WELL, I'M NOT
GOING TO JUST
LET HIM WIN."

𝕾𝖞𝖓𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖘:

TRAPPED IN A TIMELESS PRISON AWAY FROM THE LAND OF MAN IS WHERE THE GODS OF OLD RESIDE. They sit up upon their gilded thrones, watching over the world as it passes them by, but not interfering in matters like they used to millennia ago. The Gods of Old were just that, old. They were obsolete, not needed and therefore abandoned to the mercy of time.

Sekhmet (the Warrior Goddess of Healing, Chaos and Plague who is usually depicted with a lioness for a head) was getting fed up with her simple life in the Heavens. She missed the world below, full of people and buzzing with life. She missed watching first hand as humans evolved and their knowledge of the Universe developed. And she missed the feeling of adventure, of exploring the unknown.

So Sekhmet left the safety of the Heavens to walk amongst man once again.

Times had certainly changed since the last time she had set foot in the mortal world: people now flew around in the sky, weapons made of metal could kill others with small, weirdly-shaped arrowheads (which she later found out to be called bullets) and there was no longer a Pharaoh to rule over a combined Egypt. It both terrified and excited the Goddess; there was so much to see and explore but there were also brand new dangers, especially for a woman with her power.

Luckily Sekhmet was first found by the Medjai — a secret order of warriors devoted to preventing the rise of evil — who then placed her under the protection of Dr Terrence Bey. Although sometimes she felt as restricted as she did in the Heavens, Sekhmet enjoyed living with Dr Bey, he was kind and spoke to her as an equal rather than an higher being (which she preferred); he also allowed her to work alongside him at the Cairo Museum of Antiquities where she felt at home amongst the ancient artefacts of her time.