Chapter 27

Diamonds POV

The three weeks we spent in Italy had flew by and it was finally time for us to head home.

My relationship with Deshae has gotten so fun that I almost wished we could become more than friends. When I'm with him I forget about everything thing unimportant and focus on only us. Lala has tried calling me but to be honest, I don't want to have to deal with him.

Sapph and I stood by the front door with our bags in hand.

Precious came over to us and squeezed us into yet another warm, big hug. "Thank you girls, for making both my babies the happiest they've ever been. Especially Deshae." She murmured the last sentence and it made me furrow my brow.

What had really happened to him?

Squashing us in one last big hug, she waved us goodbye and went to go back to the kitchen and let T and Shae say goodbye to us.

"I'm gonna miss waking up to your face everyday, amour," T rested his forehead against Fire's and they both just held each other as if they weren't ever going to be able to again.

"Gem..." I turned to look at Shae just as he gently called my name. "The small time we spent together...made me happier than ever recently. I just wanted you to know that I will actually miss your dumbarse. And even when you told my entire mafia that you beat me in hand to hand combat causing everyone to laugh at me." He joked at the end to lighten the depressing atmosphere.

"Well I might just miss your stupid arse as well. And let's be real, your mafia likes me way more that you." I teased him.

"Yeah yeah whatever," And we both laughed at our new attitudes towards one another.

He stepped forward and engulfed me in one of the most comforting hugs I'd ever been in and kissed the top of my head.

"Bye Gem," Sighing whilst giving me one last kiss, he let go of me and moved back.

"Bye Shae," I smiled sadly.

We both glanced over to catch a glimpse of Sapph and T clinging on to each other and looking like they'll never let go.

I knew I still had unfinished business with Shae and Latavious and couldn't help but start to dwell on it after spending more time with Shae.

Once an hour had passed, I finally pried Sapph off from T and we were outside the house. Everyone waved from the windows and I saw a lone tear glide down Shae's face.

I blew a kiss to him and he pretended to catch it with a smile before turning back into the home.

I really would miss him.

On the flight back home, Sapph randomly started bawling. "Girl what's wrong now?"

She gathered herself before beginning to explain. "I just feel like me and bubs won't be able to last." I motioned for her to carry on. "It's just that, the long distance really makes me afraid of what he does when we're not even in the same country. My past has really fucked me up and I'm afraid I'm letting it affect our relationship,"

Taking a deep breath in I started my little speech I had planned all with twenty seconds for her. This was gonna be a long one.

When I had finally finished, she looked so much more at peace and less stressed over everything. 'Damn maybe I really should be a motivational speaker' I thought to myself.

The plane landed in Heathrow after a couple long hours and we quickly drove off home.

Stumbling into our house, we chucked out belongings haphazardly over the floor and practically crawled to our rooms.

"Lolllll look at these idiots. How the fuck did we raise them again?"

"I still don't know to this day, I really don't."

Ignoring their playful chatter behind us, we continued our way up the stairs to finally get some rest on a comfortable surface.

Just as I flopped into bed, my phone began to ring. "Ugh what now?" I asked myself wanting the day to be over already. Flipping the phone over, I realise it's Latavious.

Not in the mood to talk to him at the moment, I decline the call. Yes I know I could've just let it ring until it stopped but I wanted to sleep so badly and that just wouldn't cut it.

Flinging the phone some place random in my room, I slowly drifted away into an amazing sleep.

"Shae what are you doing?" I asked watching him quizzically as he knelt down on one knee.

"Doing what I should've done time ago." He took a deep breath. "Diamond Ross will you be girl? I know we haven't seen each other in a while but I still feel a type of way around you and would like to be able to develop those feelings even more. So, will you?" He asked with such a hopeful glint in his eye.

"No." I said simply and began to walk away.

"Girl you better get you arse over here fore I come and carry you!" Laughing I ran back and jumped into his arms.

"Of course I will you idiot,"

Rolling his eyes at my antics, he slid a ring onto my finger. I looked up at him shocked. "Girl don't be getting too gassed it's just a promise ring. I ain't marrying your arse yet," he chuckled and I joined in. "I love you Gem."

"And I love you Shae,"

Unknowingly, Diamond tossed in her sleep as a smile graced her face from the pleasant dream she was experiencing. She just didn't know that maybe, one day, she would be this happy with someone.

Thanks for reading x

Please vote and comment cos I love to hear what you think about the story so far.