Chapter Three | Then and Now

First Person (Paloma)

°•°•°

It's been 3 years since I've been staying in the castle. Well, Angella let me design my very own house a little ways away from castle. She agreed with me that I should have my own space. Lots has happened since the King and Queen let me stay. King Micah is dead. Grief hit all of Brightmoon when they heard the news. But it hit Angella and Glimmer the hardest. I'd like to say that it didn't mean the much to myself, but Micah was like a father to me. One that I had never known.

~Flashback~

As I was walking to Glimmer's room, I passed Angella's. She was crying. No, she was sobbing. "How? How could this happen? Micah, I miss you." She sobbed. I'm not that much of a cryer, but it took everything in me not to start shedding tears. I made my way to Glimmer's room to see the same. She was balling. Uncontrollably. The door was cracked, but I knocked before opening it. At first I didn't think she noticed me, but as I soon as I sat on the bed she flung herself onto me.

"I miss him. I miss him and I want him back." I felt my shoulder starting to get wet, but I couldn't bring myself to care. My friend was in pain. "I know Glim. But everything's gonna be okay," I pulled away from the hug so we could look at each other. "It's all gonna be alright. I'll be here every step of the way. For and you and your mother."

~End of Flashback~

There's also been lots of changes with Glimmer and I. We met our friend Bow a year ago. He calls us the best friend squad. Together, we've been trying to reform the princess alliance. Me individually, I've taken two positions on the royal court. I'm the battle strategist, and I'm the royal architect. And I do creative arts on the side when I'm not  working.

We had actually just came back from a mission. Like always, Glimmer didn't listen to me. Does she not realize that I am a strategist. I know what's best when we go in these missions. We were walking towards the the throne room. We're dead meat. "Angela is going to kill us." I whispered to Glimmer. "Paloma, those people were going to get hurt if we didn't do something! She'll understand." "Yeah. I hope your right." I really had no faith in the fact that Angela might understand why we fought the Horde. Like I said, dead meat.

"Send them in." Angela ordered. We bowed before her, "Your Majesty." We both said. "I'm told you disobeyed order and lead the rebellion into a dangerous combat situation after you were ordered to retreat." Oh no. My name should not mixed in with this. "Um, your Highness, it was Glimmer who disobeyed your orders." I felt a pinch on my arm. "Ow!" "I was trying to protect a village from falling into the Horde's grasp!" Glimmer exclaimed. "You were reckless and put yourself, Paloma, and the other rebels in danger." Angela began to correct her posture, something she always did when she was angry.

At this point I had zoned them out. I began to bend the pebbles on the floor. That's another thing. I gained an new ability. I can influence the elements. "That's enough! Your both...grounded!" What!? "Ugh, mom!" "Um, Queen Angella let's think about this." I said. "You heard me." "You never let me do anything." Glimmer argued back."Go to your rooms! And Paloma," I looked at her with fear in my eyes. Scared of her taking away the most precious thing I love most. "No creative art privileges!" She said. "Wait, no no no no no. Glimmer, look what you did!" She gasped, "Me!?" "To your rooms!" Angela ordered us. We both sighed in defeat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: the ending of this one is kinda odd, but if I kept writing this would've been a 1000 worded chapter. And I'm not gonna make you guys read all that so I hoped you enjoyed this one 💙 *not proof read*