Partner for Serenity

A few years ago, a comet named Charlotte fell to earth. Like all comets, Charlotte also emits radiation. Anyone who is exposed to radiation if the person is still in his teens will be affected by a unique, he will gain various supernatural abilities. Although this special ability will disappear over time, but if the possessors ability to abuse their abilities, they will be caught and used as research material by scientists.
Hoshinoumi Academy is a school where students with this special ability gather. Like any other academy, this academy also has a student council chaired by Nao Tomori. Tomori and three other student council members, Yuu Otosaka, Jojiro Takajo and Yusa Nishimori, have a special mission of protecting the possessors of abilities by catching other children who are wrong in using their powers and asking them to join Hoshinoumi Academy. From here the search for children with special abilities began.

***

The rain had subsided since an hour ago, even though the Hoshinoumi Academy Student Council room was fully occupied by 4 student council members, it didn't make the room feel warm. There was silence and the air felt heavier. Unlike usual, today there was no laughter from Tomori. Yusa and Takajo didn't even joke with each other. And Yuu who just stood beside Takajo. Each of them was busy with their own thoughts. Looking forward to what mission they will do this time. What kind of power will they conquer today.

BRAKK

The student council room door opened, the drenched man came again. All eyes were on the man. The atmosphere in the student council room became even more quiet. The man walked over to the large map on Tomori's desk, then dropped a drop of water on the picture of the flats not far from Hoshinoumi Academy.

"Her ability is... Collapse," said the drenched man, the man named Kumagami.

Kumagami turned around and left the student council room with water splashed on the floor. The four Hoshinoumi Academy student council members looked at one another.

"Collapse? What kind of ability is that?" asked Yuu a little annoyed and curious.

"Who knows, maybe something like, 'can destroy any target'," answered Tomori casually.

The four of them then approached Tomori's desk, looked and guessed where the possessors of the ability they had to conquer in this mission was.

"This flat .." said Tomori slowly.

"Academy's flats, right?" asked Takajo to be sure.

"Isn't it natural for there to be an ability possessors in the flat?" Yuu asked.

"Isn't that weird? It is impossible for parents to become possessors of abilities, because special abilities only appear in adolescence," said Tomori.

"That means..." said Yusa slowly.

"Yep! The target is sick and doesn't go to school or something," Tomori replied casually.

Yuu was stunned, because his litle sister, Ayumi Otosaka, was sick and didn't go to school today. He is not willing if Ayumi is the target of their mission this time. But he realizes that he also has this special ability, it is very likely that Ayumi will become the possessors of the ability too.

Tomori noticed Yuu's facial expression changed. She was curious what Yuu thought about their mission this time.

"Wow, it looks like someone knows something..." said Tomori looking at Yuu.

All eyes in the room turned to Yuu.

"Erm..no. I'm sure it's just a coincidence," Yuu answered simply.

"What's wrong? Tell us, of course you don't want the possessor of this ability to be caught and become the subject of a scientist's experiment, right?" urged Tomori.