The Re-encounter

Two weeks after our weird encounter with an intoxicated Mitch, Ryder asked me to meet him at the club early so I could help him with a new song. I don't know why we couldn't have just done it at my house. He said he doesn't want to talk to his brother and the club helps him concentrate. 

The club was empty and all the lights were off. It was kind of weird seeing it so vacant. I mean not that it's ever insanely crowded, but now I can understand why it helps Ryder concentrate. It's like his own little sanctuary. 

"Ryder?"

He came out from the back room in a white t-shirt, holding two microphone poles. He was sweating a little bit, causing his shirt to slightly cling to his torso. Judging by the cool temperature in here though, he had been back there for a while.

 "Getting down to business?"

I set my bag down in my normal spot on the couch.

"Figured I'd get it done now, so we aren't rushing around later."

He picked his blue flannel up from the stage and threw it over his shoulders.

"Alright where's this song I just had to come help you write?"

He scrunched his face a few different ways, trying to figure out where he last had it.

"Oh it's somewhere in the back. Let me go find it. See you in about two weeks." 

I sat down and pulled my pen out of my pocket and began to twirl it between my fingers. Thinking trick. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the front door of the club open. And who else would it be but Arsen?

"What are you doing here," he rudely asked me while walking to the bar.

"I'm here with Ryder. And since we're asking questions let's ask you one. Is there a reason that you just out of the blue appear in my boyfriend's band?"

He gave me a nasty look.

"Like I knew it was your boyfriend's band."

He drank back a shot, which is even more illegal than it would be if there were a 21 year old here.

"You could have. You could be lying to me. It sure wasn't hard for you to lie to me when we dated, it shouldn't be hard for you to do it now."

He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Wow, you've gotten feisty. Has he gotten you into bed already or what?"

He pushed past me with a smug look on his face and walked over to the couch.

"Think you'd be a little nicer to me after leaving me stranded in another state," I said while walking over to him.