Spooky

Happy Halloween!
——-

Valentine's Day has always been Senpai's favorite holiday. He loved chocolate and roses. It was sweet to watch various couples show love to each other. It was even the day that previously the girls of his school would worship the ground that he walked on. Good times. Oh and it was also his birthday, he got twice the amount of gifts because of it.

In a few days, another holiday may take the place of his favorite. Halloween. Halloween was a holiday that Sen never thought much about. Before he was trapped in that game he could only remember celebrating it slightly. He was a fearful child so he never even got that much into it. Things have changed with him dating a lemon-headed monster and being a half freak himself. Though he was not only excited to spend time with his creepy boyfriend to celebrate, they had plans to babysit two Halloween-obsessed kids. Two kids that despite being wild, Sen loved liked his own nephews.

It was going to be fun!

"So Lem, what exactly are we and the kids doing on Halloween? Oh my goodness, we are going to have so much fun. Do you think the prince costume I have planned will look good?" Senpai asked his monster as they cleaned up dishes together.

"Sen about that..." Lem sighed.

"What?"

"Skid and Pump said they don't want you to come."

Sen felt his face run cold before letting out a gasp, "Excuse me??"

"The kids said they just want to hang out with me and not you."

"Again. Excuse me?"

"They said you aren't spooky enough."

He knew that they were right. Senpai was shiny and cute, far from what was the usual requirement for Halloween. That didn't make him any less pissed.  "Do those gremlins even know about my spirit form and how frightening it is?"

"You never use it, you just look like this most of the time."

"Well, because it's disgusting."

"I don't agree with that, but that is the point. You aren't scary enough for Halloween."

"What do you guys even plan to do?" Sen rolled his eyes. He could not believe a couple of kids were saying he was not cool enough right now.

"Lila just wants me to watch them to make sure they're safe. We are going to go trick-or-treat first and then go to some abandoned houses."

"And I really cannot come?" Sen rolled his eyes.

"I don't know Sen? I promise I'll come back early and watch some Halloween specials with you.  Before that, you can spend the night with Lila to hand out some candy."

"I wanted to spend time with you and them!"

Lem reached over to brush his small boyfriend's hair. His anger was making his hair messy.  "That is sweet Sen! But maybe this is for the best. I wouldn't want you to get scared being out there with us." Sen slapped his hand away causing Lem to just burst out laughing.

"I wouldn't! Can you just say you are sick or something so I can just watch them? I have never had a real Halloween night in all my life."

"Sen no. Halloween is a special night for me too. It is the only night I can walk around with humans without worrying about them raising their pitchforks."

"-oh" Sen didn't want to take that away from Lem. "I'll just leave you guys."

"I'm sorry Sen maybe I should just convince th-"