𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 ⸙

⸙  " hyeonie? where are you? "

Jumping out of her bed, the brunette grins and runs out of the room, beaming at her best friend as she spotted food in his hand.

He grins, rolling his eyes. Setting the food on counter and his bag on the couch in the living room, he joined her on the dining table and grabbed a pair of chopsticks.

" what about your classes? "

Hyeona shrugs, " I had one early in the
morning—"

" so you skipped. And? "

Hyeona grins, her cheeks stuff with the chicken she was eating, leaving the noodles for him, " I have one at 5. After that, I'll head straight to my shift at the Café. "

" I don't understand why you work? " Ha-Kun sighs out, taking a bite out of the bowl, " you earn enough and I can help if there's a problem. "

Hyeona groans, " I just want to pass time. It gets boring staying here alone. Thank you, though. " She pouts, " You're adorable! "

" I'm hot! Stop lying! "

Hyeona grins, rolling her eyes and taking another bite of the chicken feet, sighing as she finally stops her stomach from grumbling so much.

After finishing the food, Hyeona did the dishes while Ha-Kun settled in the living room, deciding to work on his project. Hyeona grins at the sight of his eyeglasses, having a sudden urge to tease him.

Both her and Ha-Kun had completely different opinions on studies. Although Hyeona did love learning her hobbies, she wouldn't go as far as waking up early or panicking hard before an exam like Ha-Kun.

She could do with the passing grade and more sleep. Everyone loved her at the university, despite her being a freshman. Half of the university was either an Army or her fan, or both including a few sweet professors.

She opted to ignore those who did not like the sight of her though, so she wasn't going to mention them.

It was common for her to skip a class if it was before 8 in the morning. She could cover it later in the evening on the second batch before her night shift at the Café.

Hyeona mainly worked two hours taking orders and preparing coffees because of the owner of the said Café called Coffee 'n Cakes.

A man around his mid-70s handled the Café with a few workers but very advanced machines and interior and he was just sweet, reminding her of her late grandfather a lot. She didn't want to quit, nor would she quit even if she wanted to.

She took her phone, snapping a quick picture of the boy before she left him him study and decides to grab her laptop.

" I might as well finish my essay.." She mumbles, " come on, Mimi! " The furry cat purred and jumped off the bed, tailing after Hyeona and jumping on the couch.

Abandoning Hyeona, Mimi snuggles by
Ha-Kun's thigh and comfortably drifts off to sleep, causing the boy to chuckle at Hyeona's pout.

" what are you working on? "

" my literature essay. I need to write 5000 words about Romeo and Juliet's true love. Sigh, I can't believe I'll be lying so much. "

Ha-Kun grins, knowing she absolutely despised Romeo and Juliet book she read and she had been complaining about her teacher loving it.
Hyeona sighs, turning on her laptop.

She had nothing personal against the two devine lovers, she was just more of a kdrama girl. And the fact that she had the same essay two times before wasn't helping her.

" do you mind some music? "

" I won't if it's BTS. "

" I was going to play LOONA! Stan LOONA, jerk! " She grins, scrolling through her phone and clicking on 'Hi High'  by LOONA before setting it aside and cracking her knuckles, starting to type.

" The disrespect! " Ha-Kun scoffs playfully, reaching over and ruffling her hair since she hates it before going back to his work, ignoring her soft whining.

Are you liking this so far? It gets interesting soon enough!