Ben 16: Fear(Part 1)

"Hello again when we last met young Ben Tennyson had to learn a rather hard lesson I believe. One thing I've learned from telling so many different stories is that sometimes a story can teach you things you never knew and sometimes it can make you feel emotions that can truly disturb you. Today's story is unfortunately the former for young Ben 16 will have to confront his greatest fear today.

Animo worked carefully out of fear of possibly damaging his new creation. Sparks flew from the circular device illuminating the darkened room. He heard distant footsteps outside his work room. The door opened.

"What is it?"

Animo asked, annoyed by the disturbance.

"Colonel Rousenbaum requests your presence, doctor."

The soldier said.

Animo turned to face the soldier surprised by the news.

"I didn't think the Colonel would get involved in securing the missing children. What has that idiot Steel been up to?"

Animo nodded and the soldier left the room. Animo put his finger inside the nearby bird cage and petted the bird inside.

"It appears I won't get a chance to finish my work after all."

Animo left the room and walked down the hallway to the platform where Steel and Rosenbaum stood. Animo joined the two on the platform.

"Colonel, this is a surprise. I must say I wasn't expecting to see you. Is something wrong?"

Animo looked over at Steel when he asked what was wrong prompting the angry lieutenant to join in the conversation.

"Your freak show experiments are what's wrong Animo."

The lieutenant said just barely keeping himself in check. The lieutenant and Animo had never really gotten along with one another, something that had only become worse as project Agreggor had continued although he had never shown this amount of hostility when the Colonel was around.

"I thought you were supposed to be tracking down my "freak show experiments" Steel."

Lieutenant Steel's face began to show obvious signs of anger. Colonel Rosenubaum finally spoke up

"It seems like the children have somehow become stronger. Doctor, do you have any Idea what could have caused this?"

"That is to be presumed since they now have access to a larger amount of energy outside compared to the limited amount we gave them when they were imprisoned here at area 51."

Animo replied.

"That's not what he means Animo. The freaks' powers are different."

Steel said regaining his composure though still hostile towards Animo. Animo snapped to attention at this. Throughout all the trials he had done none of the children's powers had ever changed or evolved after they had received the dna transfusion.

"What exactly do you mean Lieutenant?"

Rosenbaum replied to Animos question instead of Steel

"he means that"

Rosenbaum pointed to the monitor across from the subject below. The monitor flashed to images of a fight. Animo saw a strange monstrous creature with four arms two of which were coated with orange fur while the top right was covered in flames and the left was coated in crystal. "What a magnificent creature." Animo had always been fond of animals as he had originally wanted to be a veterinarian before discovering a far more interesting field that only saw animals used as test subjects.