Little things

The Elvenking's eyes that night sparked a light, a light that was to be the spark of a flame.

A flame that he feared. A flame that he has attempted to avoid.

As it was 'told' that Thranduil claimed the White Gems of Lasgalen were a gift for his wife. The dwarves had refused to return the heirloom which started the war between the elves and the dwarves.

At the lower levels of the king's throne were the cells for prisoners. The cells were carved in from the stone and the bars that kept you were a rusted deep green with engravings of leaves on the sides.

You held your hand by your heart feeling a sudden pain as if a hand had reached in and closed on it. Your throat tightened as an overwhelming feeling of such sadness and pain had caught you off guard.

Leaning down bloody tears streamed down your eyes staining the stone.

"Wha?" tapping your finger on the red wet spot on your cold cheek you looked at it.

Looking around to see if there was anyone around you wiped the bloody tears away crossing your arms to chest cradling yourself.

"It's cold." your voice cracked. "It wasn't supposed to be this way. I y/n Queen of Styria not some stupid weak broken girl behind bars."

Resting your hand against your chest there was a fear of having it beat.

Since the day your foolish ex-husband had turned you. Never again did you know the warmth of blood in your veins or the beating drum of your heart.

You never cared for 200 years.

But the memories and wounds were still fresh as every day you remember he promised you the world only to turn into a foolish old man.

Madness had taken his mind and had taken all you ever loved and wanted.

Time and time again you had to watch these foolish men play with your toys and your body for their leisure

There was pain.

The pain never leaves it stays there to remind you who you are. What you are.

You had achieved a kingdom, land, and an army with your sisters by your side. Your brilliance and their work had led the group of independent women to attend the kingdom. A kingdom placed on the blinks of mountains stretching beyond the point of dungeons and chambers.

A ruler! A queen!

Whatever you desired you lifted it beyond its limits for your hunger was never satisfied. An idea would appear in your mind and it would not be let go until you saw it happen. Until you felt that burning excitement, that pleasure of having what you want!

So close were you to achieving what you had wanted until it was all taken away.

Looking down at your palm your mouth opened slightly, licking the dry stain of blood on it.

Grabbing onto the rails you hissed feeling your skin burn like a grilled turkey.

Shutting your hand you let it heal before opening it again.

The feeling of eyes watching you made you turn to meet the eyes of the elf from the river.

Just as his sharp eyes caught every detail of you and what just had happened your eyes were filled with a deathly gaze.

You could see how he held his ground suppressing his fears of what you are.

Inching closer to the bars your eyes stayed on him.

"Hello." Your voice was soft and welcoming but the deceiving tone laid noticeable.

Before you could manage your trans on him he turned away leaving in a hurry while holding a bow.

Hissing you let out a growl from the frustration of what he had witnessed.

"Off now to tell the rest."

Alone to sit with your thoughts rather than planning an escape you were in memory over that Elvenking, Thranduil.

"Thranduil," you said with the curve of your tongue finding it to be bold yet gentle.

Looking down at the red dot on the ground your hair slid forward shielding your expression of that sudden dreading feeling. That pain you had suppressed for so long.

Your white teeth showed through your cherry lips as you fought it back.

That red dot turned to the silver moon that lighted down to you.

The memory of the moonlight and sprinkled stars brought in the washing vision of Thranduil.

His long strides when he stepped out to the opening and how he so elegantly moved. The way he spoke made you almost envious of what he was. To be what he is without having to give a part of himself away...

There was a lot to reflect upon.

Everything that was read from the book was true. They were of simple taste but there are more elves out there.

----

Legolas entered his father's chambers as his 'servants' focused on his hair while the others chose the jewelry.

"Atar,"

"Legolas, what do you think of this robe? Is it too formal or too sloppy?" His voice directed to one of the male elves who nodded quickly searching for something new understanding Thranduils insult towards him having poor taste.

Legolas walked toward his father standing beside him as his eyes stared into his reflection.

Legolas stared into the mirror to see his father. "Like the fairest of all even to behold the beauty of Galladrea."

Thranduil's eyes closed before slowly opening them to look at his son.

"You have never asked me about your appearance." Legolas's tone showed that his father's question had thrown him off guard.

Raising his hand he made the servants stop as they left him alone with his son.

"What is it, Legolas?" Thranduil asked his son.

"That's my question to you. What did you bring into the kingdom? It's not a woman."

Thranduil's eyes drifted away to the side turning away from his son's eyes. Stepping out of his open view balcony the night was silent and cold.

"I found it," he was soft-spoken as he shut his eyes not accepting you to be considered as a thing.

"Found it where?" Legolas stopped toward his father but stopped when Thranduil rose the book up over his shoulder.

"I found it reading this." Legolas reached out to get the book.

"You left it unattended. Keep it within the walls of the kingdom."

Legolas was to speak but held his tongue staring at the stone back of his father. He believed that his father must be disappointed as to how careless he was to leave the spine of his family unattended.

Nodding his head he apologized before leaving his father's chambers ashamed.

"What is she?"

His hand closed on his neck still feeling your cold hands stealing constricting him. He could still see those burning eyes filled that were nothing he had ever met.

"I have never encountered someone like her."

Once he decided his look of visitation he made his way through his walls and halls.

Seeing your cell he stopped to tell his guards to leave him in private with you. Once he was alone with you he fixed his posture.

Head held high and with the most controlling ease, he made his way to your cell.

"Will you finally answer my question?"

Your eyes looked up to see the elven king standing on the other side.