<Yesenia's POV>

"Did you pack everything, bestie?" my best friend, Irish, asked me as I finally put my last baggage on her car.

I am now moving out of our house. A few weeks ago, it was my parents' burial. They both died in a car accident while I was in school. I paid all the expenses by selling our house and move with my best friend in a subdivision near Daewon University. That'll be also a good opportunity to find a job while studying.

"Yesh! Come on!" Irish called me.

I am Yesenia Aguilar, 22, and I am a graduating student with music as my major. Well, series of unfortunate events happened in my life but that didn't make me stop to finish my studies. Right now, I looked back to our house. Tears starting to stream on my face as I look back on to the memories with my parents. This house is already a part of me. Sadly, I have to sell it in order to start a new life without my parents.

As I hop on to Irish's car, I waved the house goodbye. It also felt like I was saying goodbye to my childhood and to my past. I couldn't stop myself from crying. Irish handed me her handkerchief while driving and I wiped my tears with it.

"Do you think I'll get through this?" I asked my best friend softly.

She smiled, "I'll help you get through this."

"Thank you..." I whispered.

Minutes on the road, I looked at the sky through the window, thinking my parents are watching me from above. I didn't know that I fell asleep and we finally made it to the subdivision where Irish lives.

"We're here!" she said.

As the car came to a stop and we were putting down my baggages, there's something that caught my attention—

"What the— Mom?! Dad?!"

I heard Irish yelling in her apartment. I immediately put down all my baggages and hurriedly went inside. I saw my best friend who was so in shock and her parents are here, too.

"Mom, Dad, you guys should tell me that you're coming. Yesh and I are about to unpack for she'll be staying here.", Irish said.

"Oh no..." her mother mumbled.

"We lost our jobs, sweetie. We have no choice but to go back here in our apartment until your mom and I will find a new job.", her father explained.

Well, this means I won't be staying. Irish looked at me sadly. "Bestie, I'm so sorry. I didn't know my parents will come here and stay. And... there are no vacant apartments in the subdivision."

I smiled and said, "There is! It's actually a few meters away from your apartment."

Irish was confused. I dragged her out and pointed at the cottage that caught my attention while I was putting down all my baggages from the car. Her eyes got so big that indicates shock and fear.

"Seriously...? T-t-t-t-t-there...?"

"Yes. The house looks pretty and I think no one was staying there." I replied.

My best friend grabbed my shoulders by both of her hands and shake me, "Are you out of your mind? That cottage was freaking haunted! Plus, no one owns that house and no one is staying there. It is not a property of the subdivision."

"So... if no one owns this house... then I don't have to pay a rent and I can stay there for free!" I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Yesh, you're joking, right? It's an abandoned cottage! You know I'm a scaredy cat! All of our neighbors knows it. That cottage is haunted." she said with a serious tone on her voice.

I let out a chuckle, "It doesn't seem scary for me. It only needs more cleaning and a few repairs."

Irish let out a sigh. "I'm scared. What if something happened to you while you're staying there?"

I rolled my eyes and began to carry my baggages, "Are you going to help me unpack or not?"

"Fine, but don't leave me alone." Irish said as she helped me carry some of my bags to the cottage.

I looked at the door of the house. It was labeled as "House 1210". I carefully opened the door and I was amazed how beautiful it looks on the inside. It looks like it was well maintained. It was perfectly cleaned and there are no webs nor dust.

"Phew, it looks like I don't have to do spring cleaning or repair." I said.

"That is creepy." Irish commented. "It is an abandoned cottage but it looks like someone is taking care of this place."

I checked the whole house. There's a kitchen near the living area. Then upstairs is the bedroom and the toilet. Based on the structure, the house was only built for one person. It felt like it was made for me.

"It is not bad for a haunted house." I said, "I actually love it!"

"Alright then. No one's stopping you." Irish said as we begin to unpack all my stuff.

Hours had passed, the night falls and we're almost done unpacking. All what's left is to put all my clothes in the bedroom.

"Can I use the toilet real quick?" Irish asked.

"Sure." I replied. "Just take a left as you walk out of the bedroom."

Irish left and the room became dead silent. As I continue putting all my clothes in a cupboard, I felt a cold breath on my neck.

Thinking it was my best friend, I mumbled, "That's fast. You already came, huh?"

But I didn't get any response.

I turned around and checked. But in my surprise, there was no one. I felt confused for a while then Irish finally came in to my bedroom.

"Bestie, did you just came from the toilet?" I asked.

Irish gave me confused look, "Yes. I came from the toilet. Why ask?"

So if Irish is in the toilet... then what did I just felt a few seconds ago? I am so sure it was a cold breath... like someone was standing really close to me.

"Nevermind." I said. I knew my best friend was so afraid of scary stuff so I decided not to say anything.

"You must be tired, Yesh. Let's unpack quickly and cook ramen for our dinner." she said.

"O-okay..."

I tried not to think about it. But somehow, I felt uneasy. What if the cottage was really haunted...?

Ah, no. That's impossible. There's no such thing as ghosts. Irish and I finally done with the unpacking and we ate ramen for dinner then had a lot of fun.

"Now it's late. I have to go back to my apartment. See you tomorrow in the university." Irish said as she made her way out and I replied her back with a "See ya!"

After Irish left, I decided to watch TV for sometime and chill because I have nothing important to do tonight. Tomorrow, we have classes so I guess I need to sleep early.

But when I go to bed, things started to get pretty weird...

I was sleeping peacefully, until I heard someone knocking... No, banging on my door hard.

I tried to open my eyes as I was really sleepy. Finally, when I opened my eyes and looked at the time...

... it was 12:10am in the morning... and someone is banging on my main door.

I got so mad because the person ruined my sleep. As approached the door....

The knocking stopped.

It left me confused thinking what just happened.

It was dead silent all of a sudden and it makes me uncomfortable. I check outside by the window near the main door.

But no one was there...

<To be continued>