Chat with Percy

(A/N: I don't know if you can see the gif above, I hope you do)

Y/n Pov:

Word of the bathroom incident spread immediately. Annabeth and I showed him the metal shop, the arts-and-crafts room, and the climbing wall and finally, we led him to the canoeing lake.

"We've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly. 

"Dinner's at seven-thirty," I said. "Just follow your cabin to the mess hall." 

"Annabeth, Y/n, I'm sorry about the toilets." 

"Whatever," Annabeth said.

"It wasn't my fault," he replied.

I looked at him sceptically. I did not know what happened, since I had my eyes closed, but Annabeth seemed to have opened her eyes a moment before me, so she saw things I didn't see. I motioned her to tell me later, to which she nodded.

"You need to talk to the Oracle," Annabeth said. 

"Who?" Percy asked.

"Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron," I said.

Percy stared into the lake as if it would give him answers. Some Naiads waved at him, he confusedly waved back.

"Don't encourage them," Annabeth warned. "Naiads are terrible flirts." 

"Naiads," Percy repeated. "That's it. I want to go home now."

I frowned. "Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us." 

"You mean, mentally disturbed kids?" he said. 

"I mean not human. Not completely human, anyway. Half-human," I said.

"Half-human and half-what?" he asked.

"I think you already know," Annabeth said.

He paused.

"God," I said. "Half-god."

Annabeth nodded. "Your father isn't dead, Percy. He's one of the Olympians." 

"That's...crazy," said Percy. 

"Is it? What's the most common thing gods did in the old stories? They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. Do you think they've changed their habits in the last few millennia?" I said.

"But those are just—" he paused. "But if all the kids here are half-gods—" 

"Demigods," Annabeth said. "That's the official term. Or half-bloods." 

"Then who's your dad?" he asked Annabeth.

Her hands tightened around the pier railing. I hugged her from the side to which she smiled.

"My dad is a professor at West Point," she said. "I haven't seen him since I was very small. He teaches American history." 

"He's human," said Percy.

"What? Do you assume it has to be a male god who finds a human female attractive? How sexist is that?" I accused.

"Sorry. Who's your mom, then?" he said.

"Cabin six," Annabeth replied.

"Meaning?" asked Percy. 

Annabeth straightened. "Athena. Goddess of wisdom and battle." 

He tilted his head in understatement.

"How about you, Y/n?" he asked.

"My mother had an affair with a mortal woman and got a blessing from Zeus to make her pregnant with me, but she soon died after I was born," I said, recalling what my mother had told me.