chapter 2

I can figure out voices talking. This time , they are not from inside my head. I can hear someone asking how I was. Another was explaining them about my condition.

  I tried to wake up , open my eyes and look around but I was struggling to do so. A whimper left my lips as I struggled, someone grabbed my hand making me flinch. Nonetheless, the person understood and just sprinkled some water on me.

   I slowly opened my eyes and blinked. as I looked around slowly I can recognise that I'm in a hospital. I saw a person standing by my side. He was unknown to me.

  Messy light brown hair , greenish blue eyes , perfect heart shaped lips pouting as if in worry . He was handsome no doubt about it but what was he doing by my side !

  As if sensing my confusion , the said boy opened his mouth . "Hey I'm Jake. I saw you at the park last night , so I just thought of helping you. I'm sorry if life's been hard on you but taking your life is not the only way to solve your problems".

He extended his hand for a handshake while I just stared at him . I'm not good with new people , although he helped me I was still scared.

He pocketed his hand since he sensed my fear. He gave me an awkward smile and said "I want to inform your family about you but I couldn't find your phone. Can you give me a number so I can phone them about you ?"

   I felt my breath getting stuck in my throat. It was as if reality crashed upon me. I was all alone in this world with no one by my side. Tears started to pool in my eyes as I thought about how my home was taken away from me. How my aunt kicked me out from my own house. How people picked on me because my parents were dead. How I was only the weird one (as they say) in my neighborhood.

It was never my fault I was born this way. It just happened. I could hear myself letting out a sob. I bit my lip to control myself infront of this person . He sat on the chair beside me waiting for me to calm down. I'm glad he didn't try to touch me to comfort me. Soon my little sobs died down.

I couldn't trust my voice as I tried to speak. He poured me some water in a glass and gave it to me. I gulped down with my right hand. The other hand was bandaged.

I was still In my dress so I think they haven't seen my scars. I thanked god they didn't.

"I can go on my own. Thank you for your help. Tell me how much it cost for all this hospitality. I will try to pay it soon. " I said while taking break between my words.

"Uhm, are you sure ? I can call anyone if you want?" He asked. "I'm sure" I replied.

He just smiled at me and went outside. I sighed. This wasn't how I thought I would end up. Why didn't I die?

  How was I supposed to repay the hospital bill now? How was I supposed to live? Who would give me a work? I can feel my fingers digging into my palm as my thoughts kept swallowing me whole.

  Soon, jake entered "we are good to go" . I slowly stood up from the bed. My legs gave out from below me and jake was quick with his movements to give me support..

I can feel his hands on my waist helping me up. As soon as I was stable I moved away from him.

" I will try to repay you as soon as I can. Thank you for your help" I tried to smile lightly and started to move towards the door.

  "The bill is none of my concern. But please try to heal yourself" he replied as I kept walking away.