Curse of the Orbs

Author's Note: Okay, as a forewarning, this is purely crack, so there is a lot of humor. :') I can't even remember what, exactly, inspired this, but here it is anyways! Enjoy! :D

~ Amina Gila

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan Kenobi exclaims, marching into the main room of his apartment where his former padawan and Ahsoka Tano are sitting on the couch, chatting with each other, "Did you seriously turn off my alarm this morning?"

"Maybe you forgot to set it last night," Anakin Skywalker offers cheerfully, giving him a far too innocent smile.

"I can sense you were in there after I went to sleep," Obi-Wan retorts, "And I know I set it. I have an important Council meeting to attend this morning, and it's probably already started by now."

"Well, you could hardly only sleep a couple hours," Anakin argues, "You were up most of the night."

Ahsoka chuckles as she watches them. "Perhaps you should attend the remainder of the Council meeting, then?" she offers, "If it was so important that you be there, they may still be waiting for you."

Obi-Wan resists the urge to groan, but quickly heads out of the apartment. Hopefully, he's not going to be too late for this matter. Among other issues, they were supposed to be investigating an ancient Sith artifact that was discovered on the last mission he was sent on; it was the reason he returned to the Temple so late the previous night.

Minutes later, he's approaching the Council chambers. For some reason, the Force is humming with a sense of wrongness. Something is off, but he can't quite put his finger on it. He steps up to the door and as it slides open, he freezes in disbelief.

At the front of the room, an all too familiar, but much too tiny, green figure bounces up and down on the seat Yoda used to have. A sudden squeal of glee draws his attention to two younglings running around the room, a green Nautolan and a tiny red and white Togruta.

A dark skinned human four-year-old boy is sitting in the center of the room, sobbing about nothing apparent. On the chair that once belonged to Jedi Master Depa Billaba a dark haired four-year-old human girl is sitting, a way too innocent expression on her face, which makes Obi-Wan wonder if she wasn't the culprit for whatever the human boy is crying about.

A gleeful squeal draws Obi-Wan's attention to right around the corner from the door to see an orange skinned Kel Dor running for the now open door.

And finally, in the center of the room sits the sparkling silver Sithly orb. The disturbance in the Force appears to be centered around the artifact.

What is going on here? Why in the world are there a bunch of younglings in the Council room? Where did all of the Jedi Masters go?

Shaking his head in confusion, he quickly backs out of the room again, letting the doors slide shut before the boy can escape the room. Maybe Obi-Wan's just dreaming, and everything's actually fine. He stands there staring at the doors for a long moment, willing everything to look like it should when he steps into the room again. No such luck.

The younglings – who he just realized are all the same species and have the exact same looks as the Council members are – are still continuing their activities, oblivious to his presence. The human girl has run to join the race around the room. This does not look good. At all.

Did the artifact do something to them? That doesn't even make sense. How could it have de-aged all six Jedi Masters who were present to four-year-olds? But six identical younglings ending up in the Council chambers by accident doesn't make any sense either. Especially considering, as far as he knows, there aren't even any younglings of Yoda's species right now. However it happened, it appears the orb has, in fact, de-aged them all. And this is definitely not a situation he can deal with alone.