''Dad?''

Melki's Pov: 

It was a Sunday morning, Mom was up making breakfast whilst I was in my room playing with dolls, I heard Dad wake up and then his footsteps as he walks down the stairs, everything was completely fine and normal. I then heard mom's phone ring as she picked up "Hello? Yes this is *****) then there was a pause and suddenly glass breaking. I was worried so I sat at the top of the stairs where I could see what was happening, Mom had a shocked, sad look on her face, she then looked over at my dad and grabbed him by his shirt and shouted ''how could you do this to me and Melki?" then a very angry look appeared on his face, it was a frightening sight as he slapped my mom and knocked her to the ground ''how dare you lay your filthy hands on me'' she looked up at him as he kicked her again causing her to hit the wall, I felt my tummy drop, it felt like all my organs had fallen apart and there were rocks in my throat, no matter what my brain told my body I could not move, I had and still have no idea what I should have done at that moment, Should I have helped my mom? But, I was only four at the time. I was so confused and shocked at what was happening. I then snapped back to reality as my dad had grabbed my mom by her hair, and thrown her against the wall she had started to bleed and cry she tried to get up to get her phone, I'm assuming to call the police, but my dad said ''If you even think about calling anyone I'll murder you and your child.''