Chapter One

Shinsou was going to grab one of their stupid guns and fire it in their faces if they did not quicken the pace up, he wanted something other than the bland coffee they had at the conference. That type of coffee is found in the cafeteria that everyone goes to after the talks. Which had only started.

He slumped further into his chair.

The police officers were the second to talk at this conference as always, these were a weekly thing, which Shinsou would skip, but free food is an offer he will never refuse. Paramedics were the first, he was glad they never wanted him to do the talks, something to do with not wanting his face to be THE face of paramedics in the city. He couldn't blame them, there were days when he would pass out then be woken up by Kaminari Denki -Shinsou's best friend- for the food.

Being a paramedic was tough work but Shinsou loved it, not many people knew that about him, he didn't show his love for it but he wouldn't choose any other job. The 12-hour shifts which include nights, then getting assaulted by the people you have to help it can get a bit much but Shinsou stays on top of it, most of the time.

The police officer, Iida Tenya was finishing up his report and a firefighter, Kirishima Eijiro came up to the podium.

Kaminari was fidgeting like crazy beside him, he hated these more than Shinsou, he is a 911-operator and although no one speaks from their division they are still required to go.

"That's all I have for this week, guys! Now let's get some food," Kirishima announced.

"Short and sweet," Shinsou muttered.

"He definitely ain't that," Kaminari said smirking at Shinsou.

Shinsou tried to keep the shitty coffee down his throat.

-=-=-=-=-<>-=-=-=-=-

"Oh come on, you are a bunch of meatheads," some pink-haired police officer said.

This was a common sight at these things, usually instigated by some new police officer looking to start something so they pick on the firefighters, calling them things like meatheads and such. On a rare occasion, the paramedics join in but that's only if it hasn't been stopped by the likes of Bakugou Katsuki, he is a cop, one of the louder ones at that.

Bakugou Katsuki, Midoriya Izuku, Todoroki Shouto and Iida Tenya are the most known officers. Shinsou doesn't know many firefighters he just knows Kirishima Eijirou and Mina Ashido, he knows their crew just not by name.

"Watch it, you asshole," some firefighter said.

"Shut it, everyone, it's too early for this shit," Bakugou ended the spat quickly.

Well for Shinsou, after his 12-hour night shift this was the worst ending possible but the bed waiting for him at home looked much brighter.

Another chug of coffee was also much better than paying attention to anything.

"Hey, you going out tomorrow night?" Kaminari asked.

"I dunno, I think I might be dead by then,"

"Oh come on, you only have your 6 hour night shift, those are the best, well so you and Jirou have said, still you need to go out, release some stress if ya hear me,"

"Fine,"

"Thanks, ask Jirou if she wants to get ready with us?"

"Yeah, I'll let you know,"

They talked for about 5 more minutes until it was their turn to go get some food.

Monoma, a fellow paramedic, was talking to Bakugou just after he got his food, they were staring in Shinsou's direction which was odd but Shinsou decided to ignore it for now.